HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:32 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
So I took my cc3d off of my ht fpv and put my Naza on it much better

testing gemfan carbon fiber props (3 min 49 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:40 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
So I took my cc3d off of my ht fpv and put my Naza on it much better

http://youtu.be/eNXp2FLjmps
Nice house(s), nice car(s), nice ReadyMadeRC shirt, nice black matching shorts, nice flying, nice video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Okay...if you didn't know how to reverse the motor rotation...do you know how to tell the proper orientation for the propellers for each motor? Along with the motosr turning in the right direction you also have to have the correct direction prop that matches with the rotation direction.
Yes I figured out how to tell the difference between the directions in props because on the GemFans it says for example 9x47R on one and 9x47 on the other so I just assumed the R meant it is clockwise since that spins to the right. I used that to familiar myself. The very first atempt I did I didn't have the props in the right directions and they fought eachother. I suppose they have still been fighting eachother since the motor was spinning the wrong direction. It think that meets the description of what appears to be taking place my video. The motor spinning the CW prop CCW is holding that side to the ground instead of flying up causing the quad to flip over.

Makes sense. I'm eager to test and see if that gets me in the air but I have to wait until morning. Thanks for the help.
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Thanks I was trying gemfans carbon fiber props not the cf mix these props are very well balanced and if you do have to balance them they come with different sizes of tape in the pack
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Thanks I was trying gemfans carbon fiber props not the cf mix these props are very well balanced and if you do have to balance them they come with different sizes of tape in the pack
Nice, where did you buy those if you don't mind me asking?

AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I FLEW!!!! YEAAAAA! The next atempt after the last one in the video I posted worked like a charm. It was simply a motor reversed. You have no idea how happy and greatful I am right now. Thanks for all your help and support and all the knowledge on this forum and in this thread that made this possible.

Now time to start adding on GPS and FPV gear one at a time slowly but surely.

So far I've flown 3 times. My Futaba 9c transmitter ran out of batteries before my 3s 2200mah battery did. Flew for like 10 minutes and there was still juice in it, I wonder how long it would of went if the transmitter didn't run out. I guess I'll find out soon.

It did have a tendancey to drift backwards but im 99% sure this is because of no camera or counterweight of any sort. It was not drifting badly. I flew up moved around a bit, changed the gains around a bit and learned to yaw and such. Good times.... really good times...I filmed it all and will continue to film it. May or may not upload the vids.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
This is the Naza set up

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354483172.334430.jpg
Views: 99
Size: 192.2 KB
Description:
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:22 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Hey everyone here's my new video you guys won't be disappointed checkout how awesome this frame flies
"EPIC" Hoverthings FPV Flight Video! (must watch) (4 min 34 sec)
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, MA, Hadley
Joined Oct 2006
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey everyone here's my new video you guys won't be disappointed checkout how awesome this frame flies
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqpaOFFmuMc
That's some cool footage ! I have one inbound soon, so I will be the next one asking a ton of questions. How relaxed are you while flying in a seated position?
nighthawk117 is online now Find More Posts by nighthawk117
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:48 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk117 View Post
That's some cool footage ! I have one inbound soon, so I will be the next one asking a ton of questions. How relaxed are you while flying in a seated position?
Ask questions I'm happy to answer I only fly sitting I couldn't imagine standing lol I'd probably fall over
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
645 Posts
Quote:
SICK video dude. Especially those shots of all the houses and roads. Really cool, great work. Using Naza GPS position hold for most of that right?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined Sep 2004
135 Posts
I've been trying to buy the frame all weekend but the Hoverthings.com shopping cart (gostorego.com) is incredibly bad. It's lagging so badly it times out mid-process. Is there another way to order this thing?

-Mike
webgeek is offline Find More Posts by webgeek
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webgeek View Post
I've been trying to buy the frame all weekend but the Hoverthings.com shopping cart (gostorego.com) is incredibly bad. It's lagging so badly it times out mid-process. Is there another way to order this thing?

-Mike
Weird it went fairly smooth for me. I think you can call and place an order during normal business hours. I'm not sure. Maybe you should check if the site isn't lagging later?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Sep 2004
135 Posts
Ha! Just goes to show you that the solution is to complain publicly and things get fixed. I post here complaining and then give it one last shot of the night and I make it through the whole process.

-Mike

P.S. In case anyone is interested, the issue was with the gostorego.com CDN, some of the images they use were holding up the page from completely displaying. I just blocked that domain via HOSTS and things went great. With that said, checking again now and things appear fine at the moment.
webgeek is offline Find More Posts by webgeek
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:24 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
SICK video dude. Especially those shots of all the houses and roads. Really cool, great work. Using Naza GPS position hold for most of that right?
Most of the high panoramic shots were using GPS hold but flying around mostly manual mode.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:50 AM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Quote:
Got the string chorus part as my ringtones.

Nice videos too!
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:28 AM
Just Starting..
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
soldered it direct on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
For those of you using a Naza on the HT-FPV frame, did you solder the wires for power directly to the distribution board or did you make a separate connector (ec3 etc...) and solder that so its easy to remove the Naza if you had to without un-soldering?

I'm thinking separate for ease.

Just curious.
Kosmos is offline Find More Posts by Kosmos