HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by clayrb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, GA, Flowery Branch
Joined Nov 2004
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Wanted
OLY II or OLY II S

Hi:
Looking to purchase a OLY II or OLY II S kit or maybe a pre-built so if anyone has one that they might be interested in selling let me know...........
My Location is zip code 30566
Thanks,
clayrb is offline Find More Posts by clayrb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, FL, Shalimar
Joined Jan 2009
309 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Order one of Ray's laser cut kits. It dosen't come any better that. However, he isn't shipping from the 10th -30th of this month so get your order in asap.
But, maybe you'll get lucky and somone out there might have one they want to part with.

Here's Ray's web site.
http://www.skybench.com/index.html?h....com/home.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrb View Post
Hi:
Looking to purchase a OLY II or OLY II S kit or maybe a pre-built so if anyone has one that they might be interested in selling let me know...........
Thanks,
jolly01 is offline Find More Posts by jolly01
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2004
5 Posts
Thanks for the update and I know he is wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind but the quality of his kits a great so they are worth waiting on.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:54 PM
Helmet...check!!!
United States, WI, Prairie du Sac
Joined Sep 2010
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Ray is the best and I totally recommend the wait.
AndyRice_WI is offline Find More Posts by AndyRice_WI
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:03 PM
Wayne Wimbish
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Aug 2008
55 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrb View Post
Hi:
Thanks,
I have an Oly II that I was restoring but stalled about 80% though the recover phase. Bones are all good. Covering is Monokote white over metallic green. Will include covering necessary to finish as started.

Still needs elevator joiner, and new pushrods. Radio compartment is wide open for whatever gear you might want to put in.

Asking $125 shipped (which is less than the cost of a new kit and the job is nearly done.)

Let me know if you are interested.

Blessings,
Wayne
wdwimbish is offline Find More Posts by wdwimbish
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2004
5 Posts
Do you have spoilers installed
Thanks
Roger
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,590 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Here is the situation at Sky Bench:

I'm have been shipping Paragons to the guys that were on the waiting list and recent orders. $148.95 plus $16.95 shipping.

Andy will be receiving his OLY ll SX tomorrow along with others that have waited a long time too. I predict this design along with the OLY ll S will be used extensively by the Electric guys in ALES events. Build them with flaps and catch them in your hand.

Starting yesterday, I am shipping orders that are a week old. In my book, that's current orders. I was hit with a huge Winter build order demand that started in August ( past customers that know how this seasonal thing works ), it's the same every year. Curiously, orders for 2 and 3 kits have become much more common.

From my customer's point of view, that is the good news. From my side of the coin, I need a break. So ... I will ship the orders I have now and the orders I know are on their way and that is it. Shipping will resume April 30th. I have multiple orders for Paragons, Cloud Bound 4, 2M lil Birds, Pierce 970s, Oly ll and OLY llS and a Big Bird remaning to ship. This Friday afternoon I'm going to photo the maiden of Richard's beautiful Merlyn over in Ohio. And later, if you see me on the "Charley's Bunion" trail please say hello. I'll be the old white haired guy panting like a dog with a huge smile on my face. Some will know where the trail is located.

Mail your orders during April for May shipping...

Thanks to all the great Woody builders for keeping the glue bottle on the work bench. It's a great Hobby.

P.S. check out my "Links" page for a new Bird of Time fiberglass fuse and laser cut rib set by George Voss, buy the plans RCM .. the partial kit is a give away.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
http://www.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:56 AM
Helmet...check!!!
United States, WI, Prairie du Sac
Joined Sep 2010
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Nice response and great clarification. Yes, one week is CURRENT. You make the best kits available. I would have waited much longer to get the kit. I hope that is what you took from my post. When looking for a woody kit, there is no place to look but to SkyBench. I look forward to your continued success as I am surely a benefactor of your experience and resulting success. Be well and have a good flying season!!!
AndyRice_WI is offline Find More Posts by AndyRice_WI
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:33 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,875 Posts
Trader Rating: 382
If I may Ray;
When ordering Woddies, NOS, Vintage, Oldtimer and the like kits please consider it like the build and fly, Slow but sure!
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, MN, Northfield
Joined Dec 2006
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Need a good variometer

Hello. You've apparently sold an ACE Thermic Sniffler in the past. I had one many years ago, it worked just fine, I'd now love to get another. Do you have any suggestion where I might find one? Ed
Edward G. Lufkin is offline Find More Posts by Edward G. Lufkin
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Malta & Newport
United States, RI, Newport
Joined May 2010
86 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Pm'd
alexhallmalta is offline Find More Posts by alexhallmalta
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,590 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward G. Lufkin View Post
Hello. You've apparently sold an ACE Thermic Sniffler in the past. I had one many years ago, it worked just fine, I'd now love to get another. Do you have any suggestion where I might find one? Ed
I think I have one, will check for you.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
http://www.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes