HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
The servo's look identical fromt he outside. But the mini use -4 and the super use -5. Not sure what is the different........
A normal servo has three wire connector, these have five wires, so probably they don't have the controller board built-in, but the receiver controls them.
It's the cheaper way...
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
So this is a flybarless, fixed pitch, non-3d helicopter?
Does this mean it can handle wind lot better than the v911 for instance, or is this a privelege of cp helicopters?
It will handle wind/breeze better than the V911, but it wont handle wind as good as a CP model.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:36 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I see, thanks!
Is there any other advantage of this over a model with flybar?
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
I see, thanks!
Is there any other advantage of this over a model with flybar?
It responds much quicker and moves much faster. It also has much more movement authority than an FP heli with a 45 flybar.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I sent Wow Hobbies an E-mail about a week ago asking when this helis would be in stock. They quickly replied that they " WILL NOT be stocking or selling this heli as it's redundant to the Genius CP that is just as stable"
Go figure, they sell ever other Walkera, why not this one?
Retailers have to pick and choose which Walkera models to support because they change so often. If you guess wrong, you can be stuck with a lot of unsold inventory. One of my favorite Walkera vendors told me they won't be carrying the Ladybird quad. I think in some cases, they may be waiting for the new and improved version that follows soon after the first version.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
I sent Wow Hobbies an E-mail about a week ago asking when this helis would be in stock. They quickly replied that they " WILL NOT be stocking or selling this heli as it's redundant to the Genius CP that is just as stable"
Go figure, they sell ever other Walkera, why not this one?
Thats odd to me, I still think I might pick up one of these. Im on the fence though, might wait to see how well they fly first and then ill bite. I could just get a genius CP and make that my training CP ( I dont wanna hurt my prized minicp, lol ). I just really like the 4 channel flybarless heli's. If this flies anything like the msrx itll be great.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Retailers have to pick and choose which Walkera models to support because they change so often. If you guess wrong, you can be stuck with a lot of unsold inventory. One of my favorite Walkera vendors told me they won't be carrying the Ladybird quad. I think in some cases, they may be waiting for the new and improved version that follows soon after the first version.
I think the ladybird is going to be a big seller, as soon as people see how fast and nimble it is I bet its gonna be flying off shelves. I already have mine on order from helircstore, looking forward to flipping it, haha.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:58 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
I wonder if the Devo 7 will work with this since its all devo, just wont use all 7 channels on the TX.
I would like to know this also.
I am thinking to buy the MINI super FP to test and review...

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
I would like to know this also.
I am thinking to buy the MINI super FP to test and review...

Tom
Tom I think you and I share an affinity for the walkera products. I havent been in the game as long as many of you but I just love walkera's designs.

Oh and FYI, Ive got my devo7 in my hand right now. Going to go ahead and pop your miniCP settings into it right now. See how much batter itll fly with your settings.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
So is it laziness or are the leaving room to make another "improved" version? Why aren't the blades cambered? It would help with efficiency quite a bit, at least that's what I would think?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Wow, I just now realized the blades are not cambered too. Is this the first fp with blades like that? Or because they are using the minicp motor tat has too much power for a cambered blade?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,375 Posts
Flybarless control systems usually work better with higher headspeed, which is what you get with flat blades. Besides, that saves Walkera from making more parts. They like to mix and match stuff they already have.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
the 4f180 uses cp type blades and has good reviews.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,375 Posts
Just for fun, I put MSR blades on my Genius and reduced the headspeed by about 1/2. It flew really crappy, very slow and mushy response and lots of bobbing.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
the 4f180 uses cp type blades and has good reviews.
I have a 4f180 and it flies a lot like a CP.