HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Help!
Very fast motor

Help me! I need a very fast motor with a speed of more than 100,000 prm. Recommend something, please.
Chongaj is offline Find More Posts by Chongaj
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:37 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
What type of motor?
What size motor (input power)?
What battery or voltage?
What kind of load will you put on it?

Here is a motor that can probably attain 100,000 RPM without a prop (no load) if you double the recommended input voltage. It will start smoking in a second or two also! And do not stand very close to it either!

That is not a simple question, more info it needed if you want a good answer..

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:20 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,926 Posts
These all do over 100.000rpm
www.amtjets.com
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:55 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,536 Posts
Looking through the OP's short post history, it looks like he's planning on building a "very fast" 1/10-scale RC car. He doesn't seem to provide a lot of useful information about the project.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
I wouldnt think a 1/10 car would stay down @ 100k RPMs however if ya wanna go real fast?? howbout a full size dynajet, they run on white gas, but youll need a model T ford coil and a tire pump to fire it off....... very simple principle like germanys pulse jet>>>>air in -BANG- exhaust out and typically 10lbs of thrust.doesnt seem like much but seen one go thru a car grill back in the 70s
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Apr 04, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:30 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
And here is a DIY project pulse jet:

http://www.sfu.ca/~jst4/plans/docs/j...T%20ENGINE.pdf

If the neighbors don't like the annoying sound of run up on I.D. motors the pulse jet will have them climbing the walls. I remember in the mid 1950's when the AMA speed events always had a lot of pulse jets roaring around in circles. Don't think it is that way any more though...

Jack
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
yes, Im thinking that event has went south and has lost interest but. is very specialized for sure. flew u-control many yrs then got the RC bug and never looked back, altho rememeber well the day firing up my tiger jet but didnt make 1/2 the noise of the dynajet type, Ill admit the rumble turned me on neat pic you posted and exactly what they look like, altho your just anticapating the red hot pipe to melt down! I rememeber one time firing mine up and got distracted and breifly "I said briefly" touched the pipe, 10K volts was a very shocking experience
Last edited by lectroglide; Apr 04, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,218 Posts
I think some of them did not need the HV spark after they got running so they must have had some kind glow element to sustain the ignition process.

The German V1 buzz bombs had a slower firing rate, you could hear the explosions in sequence. I've seen news films that captured that in the audio track.

The Germans had a piloted version of the V1 too. A female test pilot, Hanna Reitsch, flew it to help sort out why it was killing so many pilots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_Reitsch#V-1

The problem was due to high speed stalls, she found it had to be landed at over 200 km/h (120 mph).

Jack
Last edited by jackerbes; Apr 05, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2,240 Posts
I too have seen some footage with some buzz bombs going thru the air and wondered why the pulse was erratic or slower explosions like you said......also interesting how they could measure enuff fuel to get to a certain destination, nothin like goodole german technology........and yes I heard some where about that non-plug ignition but cant rememeber where, must have been some hot fuel to keep that mother goin! glow element would make sense aka glow engines............200 MPH landings exciting job
Last edited by lectroglide; Apr 04, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
Depending on your application. Some of the medical/dental use drilling tools are powered by rod-like high speed brushless inrunners.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:21 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,926 Posts
Check his other threads, this is a waste of time and forum.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
diy motor tipsDrive Calculator
diy motor groupCumulus MFC
• Get a life ... get a Watt-meter!!! •
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Nov 2007
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
.....also interesting how they could measure enuff fuel to get to a certain destination, nothin like goodole german technology.......
Actually the V1 had a crude navigation system, There was a small propeller in the slip stream that drove a gear box and lead screw. At the end of travel on the lead screw it tripped the elevator and caused the V1 to dive. During the dive the fuel pick up did not work and the engine quit. The V1 was made of sheet iron and was spot welded like any automobile. Very few bolts or rivets. It cost about the same as an auto to manufacture.
mjsas is offline Find More Posts by mjsas