HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:04 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Almost done! Wings attached, tail wires done!

Well, I am almost ready to go.

The top wing is attached - I opted to use 2.5mm cap screws, 2x 2.5mm washers, 10mm length to the screws. They seem to be better in the slots and more rugged. The wing went on pretty much like clockwork, except that I need 8 more washers to complete the cabane strut total.

I think my wires will be dual ones: two bottoms to the rear cabane, two tops to the mount I have in the gear strut. I have seen this on a couple of planes, and it looks great.

The only other thing to do is to tint and eventually mount the canopy, and cut some rear underside slots in the fuselage for exit air, and finish the aileron linkage with the ball sockets and rods.

I have 2800mAh 4S Lipos on the way for this plane. Should be a nearly perfect fit and balance. I'll pretest the balance with a "dummy" load (simulated battery using 2xD alkaline cells that weigh close to the batteries I'm getting (288g). I'll then determine if I need a small weight in the canopy section to re-load the plane or not.

I'll probably have the plane fully done this Wednesday, if nothing else goes awry. I may need a second wire kit but we'll see how much I have to work with.

By the way, the 900kV RC Timer motor had a misalignment in the rear bearings, which held the rotor slightly too far forward by a hair of a mm. A good friend and I adjusted the bearing seating in the main shaft, and re-lubed the motor. It now runs MUCH smoother and quieter. As a precaution, I have a replacement on order, but will fly this unit during maiden trials to determine its performance.

SkyCadet... gettin' closer!!!!
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SkyCadet; Apr 03, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts