SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RickSide, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:50 PM
Never Under estimate the power
United States, MA, North Attleboro
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby T-33

I got this jet a few months back and had a very unfortunate maiden. It flew, but two servos died in the process. It made a hard landing and I let it sit ever since.

Recently I've been kicking around the idea of buying an EDF so I pulled this down and replaced all the servos with Hitec HS-55s. Turns out it's a really great plane, even at half throttle it remains very stable.

It flew well enough that it impressed two friends, one who shot the video and the other a regular flying buddy who isn't a fan of EDFs at all.

If you keep in mind that Banana Hobby sells this thing for about $85 PNP, it's a great first EDF.

It's worth mentioning that flight times are short. I've yet to get more than about 4:25 out of a 950maH battery. I'm going to try a 1300 next time and see if the extra weight is worth the trade off in flight time.

Banana Hobby T-33 50mm EDF (2 min 49 sec)
RickSide is offline Find More Posts by RickSide
Last edited by RickSide; Apr 02, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts