Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:56 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Discussion
2nd Annual VTPR Fun-Fly, June 16th - Glider Point

Hey Slope Aerobatic Fans-

Announcing the May 5th VTPR Fly-In is being moved to June 16th. It will be a Fun-Fly day of VTPR aerobatics to relax and have fun on the slope. At it's core VTPR is about fun and that’s what this annual fly-in will be in 2012 and beyond. No organized and detailed event or competition, just a day dedicated to low to the ground aerobatics for those so inclined.

Pilots should bring “aerobatic gliders” with the intention of flying low to the ground. Something that is durable and able to keep you in the air for the day. Bring several if you like. We like to see all the cool new VTPR ships being built. If you want to bring a moldie or faster flying type glider that’s all well and good just so long as you know this gathering will be focused on low to the ground aerobatics like within 10ft! We will have 10ft high gauges in place on the grounds to help you better see the VTPR flight path height should you wish to dip your plane under that zone at whatever speed. But as a general guide line we won’t be flying more than 75-100 feet off the deck to set up for entering the low zone. The low zone is what this day is all about.

For those who would like to participate and was so successful on the first Recontre last summer we will have “solo sessions” or what somebody coined “expression sessions”. This would be a 3 minute time slot for those who want the slope to themselves to be able to put on a show or a routine they may have been working on. No points, no judging, just a period of time to see what guys are coming up with in our American version of VTPR. Should the group want to select the coolest solo of the day we can come up with something fun to recognize it. Maybe the loudest applause, a water dunk or whatever. Suggestions welcome.

Some of us will be on the site at noon to introduce any newcomers to GP and show them the grounds. Wear boots and please pack out your waste materials. This is a state park habitat.

If your new to VTPR and want to learn more check out this link:

http://vtpraerobatics.blogspot.com/

Video example:
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xae111

Google Map to GP:
http://maps.google.com/?hl=en&ll=33....oid=po-5175080

See you there… Eric
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Last edited by oldscooler; Jun 15, 2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Date change
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Some video of the inaugural VTPR fun fly last year.

VTPR Fun-Fly 1 (4 min 22 sec)

VTPR - Pilot D.Henderson, Solo #1 (2 min 38 sec)

VTPR Fun-Fly 2, July 9, 2011 (2 min 54 sec)
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:09 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
I've got an old friend coming in from out of town and I can't make this event.

I am planning to go to Green's Peak in Arizona with Dawson over Memorial Day weekend, though! That place looks like VTPR and slermal heaven.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:15 AM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
384 Posts
I will be in the area for training, I would Love to come by and watch. And maybe learn something from some pro's!
Baseman is online now Find More Posts by Baseman
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Baseman,
Will be glad to have you and I assure you the day will be well spent. We'll let you fly some of these highly aerobatic ships as well.

Eric
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:17 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Here is one of the new and unique VTPR planes that will be on hand to check out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640101

Eric
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
And of course Le Sonic!

VTPR practice session #1 (4 min 10 sec)

Eric
Old May 07, 2012, 03:04 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
The Fun-Fly is being postponed due to some unforeseen commitments of a couple flyers I'd like to see attend. I'm moving the date to June 9th or 16th whichever works best for them.

This new video shows the Vtpr alley behind the lip for those curious. We found the sweet spot that produces the best entry speed during this session. Lots of fun! More later. Thanks, Eric...

VOL-LENT 2.5m VTPR (5 min 41 sec)
Last edited by oldscooler; May 18, 2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Postponement
Old May 17, 2012, 09:22 AM
Fallin with Style (slopeing)
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
134 Posts
when is the event officialy happening because there are a couple different dates have been said
Donny Harwood1 is offline Find More Posts by Donny Harwood1
Old May 17, 2012, 10:11 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
June 16th is the day... Hope to see you there.

Eric
Old May 18, 2012, 06:26 PM
The SteamRoller
USA, CA, Fort Bragg
Joined Oct 2009
348 Posts
Where is glider point? I am in San Diego, visiting fromn Mendocino County.

Doug
thesteam is offline Find More Posts by thesteam
Old May 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteam View Post
Where is glider point? I am in San Diego, visiting fromn Mendocino County.
It's in the Chino Hills State Park, Yorba Linda. Coming from SD take the 5 freeway north to the 91 north to pick up driving directions below. About 1.5 hour drive.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Starting Point: Junction of the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) and Yorba Linda Blvd: Go N on Yorba Linda Blvd. for 2.6 mi. to Village Center Dr. and turn RIGHT. Go N on Village Center Dr. for 1 mi. to Fairmont Blvd. and turn LEFT. Go W on Fairmont Blvd. for 0.3 mi. to Rim Crest Dr. and turn RIGHT. Go N on Rim Crest Dr. for 0.4 mi. to Blue Gum Dr. and park in the corner. Walk N down the dirt path in the corner to the tee and turn LEFT. Walk W up the path 0.3 mi. to the flying area.

GLIDER POINT:
Weather,
http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KCAYORBA4

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KCAYORBA5

Map,
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.052614&z=14

Hope to see you there.

Eric
Last edited by oldscooler; May 18, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
FSD
Definite Flight Risk
Joined Apr 2008
2,678 Posts
Eric...are you getting excited about your upcoming event? Looks like it is coming together well.

-Paige
FSD is offline Find More Posts by FSD
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Paige,
I would be a little more excited if there were more interest here. If we see 6 guys show up that would be a fun day but more is always welcome. Are you coming? I hope so. The bowl on the left side will be a great spot for the 60" foam birds. The lift funnels up nicely there and the crest of the slope is nice and rounded with laminar air flow. Really nice for free style. We had a lot of fun yesterday with the 2.5.

Eric
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:18 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Just one more week and its VTPR-FUN time at Glider Point. Watch for a new Sonic video coming up shortly. Just an awesome plane in which both of ours will be at the meet.

Weather has been awesome with some decent wind direction. Hope you guys can make it over. The deal will go on even if it has a low turnout. Just cant get enough VTPR fun nowdays.

Eric