HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:56 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sleaford
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Help!
Astro - 05 cobalt and speed controller.

Hi everyone. I need a little advice and help on an Astro-05 cobalt motor with gearbox and speed controller.
While searching an car boot sale just recently i noticed a 7 foot glider in lovely condition for sale. When making the purchase the stall owner when handling the glider fell and smashed the thing so vastly knocking down the price!!
I got this MUCH cheaper.
Not able to repair i dismantled and i have an Astro -05 cobalt and a Astro model 211 speed controller. max 25 volt/ 65 amp.

I ahve looked at the Astro site and i gather they no longer do this model, however i have found they were/ are a very good motor to use.
Yesterday i decided to run her on test just to see what kind of power/thrust output i could get.
I ran it with a 11 by 7 prop on 12 volts/2400ma.

I was impressed with the output and the length of time it ran.
I know nothing about these motors and assume they were great in the US mostly used for glider power.

Will try and post a few pics on here to let you see, but but what i really am asking is, what type of airframe could i use this motor in and what size. ie weight.
I am not into gliders really but i have built a few warbirds and nice flying wings on nitro and do use overlander brushless in some.
Can anyone tell me anything about this motor please? i would be most gratful for any help.
lancasterman is offline Find More Posts by lancasterman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,662 Posts
Thread belongs in the Power System Forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/power-systems-13/

not in Batteries and Chargers.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer