Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Discussion
Interesting time line of the rights attcks on Trayvon

Here is a good article detailing the rights attacks on Treyvon Martin. The timing is interesting. As is the fact that some on the right were making some very reasonable comments initially. Clearly that has proven to be an exception.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/02/why_...tin/singleton/
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Last edited by Sherlock; Apr 02, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
The whole think stinks - if this is 'justice' in modern day America then it's very sad!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Its amusing that this hit piece (love the red photos btw) comes out on the day that NBC gets popped for doctering audio tapes to make it appear that Zimmerman was only concerned about race.

Wheres the timeline on the lefts attack on Zimmerman, surely there is tons of material there.

Oh and the article appears to be 'one persons opinion' as well.

Also I havent really heard any unreasonable 'attacks' from the pundits mentioned. In fact most of them that I have personally heard have been calling for calm and revelation of the 'truth' nor has any of them issued a bounty.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:37 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Its amusing that this hit piece (love the red photos btw) comes out on the day that NBC gets popped for doctering audio tapes to make it appear that Zimmerman was only concerned about race.

Wheres the timeline on the lefts attack on Zimmerman, surely there is tons of material there.

Oh and the article appears to be 'one persons opinion' as well.

Also I havent really heard any unreasonable 'attacks' from the pundits mentioned. In fact most of them that I have personally heard have been calling for calm and revelation of the 'truth' nor has any of them issued a bounty.
Given the title of the article I am wondering why you are having trouble understanding why there is nothing about NBC.

If you take a moment and actually read the article and the links within you will have zero trouble finding unreasonable attacks. Nothing in your post discredits anything in the article.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
For a guy who rarely if ever can produce testible falsifications of ideas he claims are wrong to be making these assertions lends new meaning to the word irony.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:20 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
For a guy who rarely if ever can produce testible falsifications of ideas he claims are wrong to be making these assertions lends new meaning to the word irony.

Anybody got the Universal translator for use on this?????????????
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by me11owman View Post
Anybody got the Universal translator for use on this?????????????
Sherlock rarely can back up what he claims, therefore, his complaint against "unreasonable attacks" is ironic, that is, gives full expression to contradictory impulses.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Here is a good article detailing the rights attacks on Treyvon Martin. The timing is interesting. As is the fact that some on the right were making some very reasonable comments initially. Clearly that has proven to be an exception.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/02/why_...rayvon_martin/
It makes a clear case for who doesn't really care about the story and only wants to push a race agenda and who wants to let the process work and not convict anyone in public until all of the facts are out.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Sherlock rarely can back up what he claims, therefore, his complaint against "unreasonable attacks" is ironic, that is, gives full expression to contradictory impulses.
I didn't think it was a complex statement.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:30 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
I didn't think it was a complex statement.
You get that complaint a lot, so it must be true. Try simplistic character attacks next time.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:39 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
You are expending a great amount of energy attacking the source. Your above attempt to distract and ignore the points in the article is not even valid and in no way falsifies anything therein. I can see why you would like to avoid talking about the painful truths it discusses. The Irony is that the article actually points to some positive reactions from the right as well. Not that that has changed the usual kneejerk we are seeing here.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
False and totally irrelevant to the article. Failure to respond to the demands of people on this forum is not evidence of inability to back up claims. It is evidence of a failure to play games and or follow a distraction.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:44 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
False and totally irrelevant to the article. Failure to respond to the demands of people on this forum is not evidence of inability to back up claims. It is evidence of a failure to play games and or follow a distraction.
Based on my experience, I believe that it's true that you consistently fail to back up your assertions. That you now say that the practice is deliberate, is no surprise.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:45 PM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
It makes a clear case for who doesn't really care about the story and only wants to push a race agenda and who wants to let the process work and not convict anyone in public until all of the facts are out.
I thought that was pretty clear from the article as well. The outright fabrications and character assanations a by the right do not aid the process at all.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
It's not only the intentional failure to respond when you are cornered. It is also the kind of intentional evasiveness displayed when engaging in the abuse of language, such as a many, many page evasion of the meaning of mathematics when it comes to tax rates.