HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Jun 2008
275 Posts
Discussion
6 Ch Art-tech 2.4ghz Large At-6 Texan

Banana Hobby sells this plane here....

http://www.bananahobby.com/2318.html

Does anyone own this plane in either the all yellow or yellow and blue? Really looks great with the split flaps and retracts and lots of detail. Very curious about the 'simulated engine sounds' it says it produces....
aclinml is online now Find More Posts by aclinml
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:08 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,318 Posts
I saw a P51 thread with a sound unit, also. The only guy to post about having it said the sound module burned up on the bench, but the plane flew well without it.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:39 AM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,298 Posts
Nice looking plane. I've been looking for a nice large scale Harvard/Texan to repaint like the picture below. I'm guessing the yellow colour option available (and out of stock) is the basic USAF trainer colour scheme?
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:46 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
926 Posts
That's right - I've got Art-Tech's "sister plane" to this AT-6, and it does fly very well. Admittedly, the airframes themselves will be quite different, so your mileage may vary, but I was pretty pleased with it overall.

As far as the "simulated engine sounds" go, there is a dedicated sound system onboard. It consists of two sets of Y-cables (ESC and Battery) a sound board and a black speaker unit. When this set was working, it was really pretty awesome considering the price point. However, Jim's info is accurate - It caught fire after about 2 minutes of regular operation.

While waiting for Banana Hobby to answer the mail, I pulled all affected components and flew it like a "regular" model. It did fly, and quite well. BH finally took action on Monday, and the replacement parts have allegedly been shipped to me. I'll let everyone know what comes of that - Hopefully the replacements are correct and will last a little while longer...I'd at least like to have the opportunity to watch it catch fire in flight.

I'm curious about the "old school" T-6 myself and would be very interested to hear what others think about it.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old May 26, 2012, 06:40 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
825 Posts
Any other feedback on the bird? It's on sale for $140 this weekend:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2328.html
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old May 26, 2012, 07:55 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
Any other feedback on the bird? It's on sale for $140 this weekend:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2328.html
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1544900&page=5
Some good info here, same plane. Check me out.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member