HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:45 AM
Slovenija, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2007
12 Posts
Discussion
Immersion RC receiver - Fat Shark Dominator 5.8ghz Module - independent receiver

Hi,

Is it possible to make Fat Shark Dominator 5.8ghz Module for Fatshark goggles as independent receiver without usage of Dominator goggles?

Is would be really great to use it, because it is really small receiver!

Regards,

Andrej
ucakar is offline Find More Posts by ucakar
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:59 AM
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
I would quite like to know the pin out for these modules (5.8 and 2.4) like ucakar as they are very compact and useful units.
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:38 AM
Just dog tired.
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2010
458 Posts
Not quite sure i understand the need for this. I mean, in order to do this you will need to provide a regulated power supply and probably some kind of control interface to control the channel it is receiving on. once you do that it isn't tiny anymore. Why not simply purchase one of the non-diversity external receivers and leave the fatshark one off? I know you can get them from RMRC for around 60 bucks, so they aren't that expensive.

Just seems like alot of work for no real benefit.
Wearyman is offline Find More Posts by Wearyman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
From my perspective I would like to have an all in one integrated unit. So purchasing a DVR like a lawmate 500 and putting that together with this receiver and power supply etc, all in a custom case would be an advantage for me.

The off-the-shelf receivers are just too big to be practical.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:08 AM
Just dog tired.
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2010
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra View Post
From my perspective I would like to have an all in one integrated unit. So purchasing a DVR like a lawmate 500 and putting that together with this receiver and power supply etc, all in a custom case would be an advantage for me.

The off-the-shelf receivers are just too big to be practical.
I guess I can see where you are going with this. The All In One concept is nice and neat and compact, easy to transport and once set up properly, quick to get going. Makes sense.

Have you considered what you are going to do about tracking down the road? Are you going to use an extension antenna or just put the unit on the stand for the tracker?
Wearyman is offline Find More Posts by Wearyman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
I dont use trackers. Always fly withing the range of omnidirectionals. Again this is just to get versatility and portability. No wires no nothing.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:40 AM
Slovenija, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2007
12 Posts
Hi,

Anybody know the pinout of this module?

Thanks,

Andrej
ucakar is offline Find More Posts by ucakar
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined May 2007