SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Sureflite Sport Fire - instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoffa View Post
Well i just got back from neat fair and i picked up a sureflite p39 kit and a sureflite sportfire. Which looks like a spitfire mk1 with an open cockpit . These are older one piece wing kits and it shoukd be interesting figuring out how to go to electric power on them
cgoffa,

Any chance you (or anyone on here) have a copy of the Sureflite Sportfire manual that you could make a copy of. Just got a old kit online and I have no instructions...I built balsa planes, scratch built some foam planes..but I am at a loss with this one.

Thanks,

Greg
greg74mayer is offline Find More Posts by greg74mayer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:20 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Oct 2010
22 Posts
Wow..I thought I was the only one who still had a Sportavia.....I also have cox Piper Cherokee thats rough but could be flyable.
Fusionman is offline Find More Posts by Fusionman
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:12 AM
Joined Dec 2009
550 Posts
sureflite sportfire instructions

I did make a copy of them tonight it was interesting to say the least. I actually learned something about the cowling when i read them.
cgoffa is offline Find More Posts by cgoffa
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Dec 2009
550 Posts
my first rc model

A few days ago I was rummaging around in my parents basement, and I found the complete, but not finished kyosho duet 1200 my dad and I started when I was 9!. it looks like it has survived the intervening years in almost perfect shape, one wing rib got crushed, but no other damage seems to have accrued over the last 25 years or so. In the next few days I plane to take a look at it and see what needs doing to get it up and working, I am looking forward to finishing what we started all those years ago!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,527 Posts
Technically, this thread is about foamies and not balsa vintage ARFs. Not a big issue, though.

One old Sureflite foamie I would like to find is the old Howard Ike racer. Anyone got one hanging around?
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Oct 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2009
550 Posts
its a hybrid

Well most of it is foam. The main wing is balsa but the fuse is monokoted styrofoam and the tail is some kind of skinned foam similar to the parkzone trojan tail. But of a higher quality

QUOTE=Thomas B;23113397]Technically, this thread is about foamies and not balsa vinage ARFs. Not a big issue, though.

One old Sureflite foamie I would like to find is the old Howard Ike racer. Anyone got one hanging around?[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:30 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,953 Posts
ok, you inspired me! i saw the kraft chipmunk on ebay the day after reading your thread and had an oldtimers moment. I saw this airplane in the hobby shop when I was 10 and fell in love with it . . .. now I am much older and wizer . ...and have expendable cash!
Mine is on its way and looks to be pretty much intact with a few mods to the motor mount and no original motor or electrics.
Would you be so kind as to take a few pictures of your aileron mods as well as your motor mounting technique so that we can all learn from the master (trial and error is way over rated).
I am completely psyched to get this bird in the air.
Phil
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3