HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Mar 2005
22 Posts
Discussion
Will lipo go bad on first charge

I am a new bee with electric power. I won a Park zone SR-10 BNF. I went out and purchased a Cellpro power lab 6 and acc.

I read here on RCG about Gens ace lipo and purchased 2 2500mAh 3s1p 25c and changed the supplied charge connecter over to an ultra deans.

I just when and tried it 1st charge and the Cellpro displayed that I had a bad cell.

1) Did I do something wrong?
2) Dose this occure some time?
3) Is there ant way to restore the pack back to life?

Bob
N2RYD is offline Find More Posts by N2RYD
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,439 Posts
What are the individual cell voltages as measured through the balance tap?

Info on overdischarged lipoly restoration here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1074181 Level of success is a mixed bag.

You need to assess whether you have a bum tap connection first before attempting any restoration procedure.

If you do determine that you received a bad pack, my recommendation would be to seek warranty replacement.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Mar 2005
22 Posts
Thanks Mark. Like I said I new at this.

Bob
N2RYD is offline Find More Posts by N2RYD
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:05 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:
I went out and purchased a Cellpro power lab 6 and acc.
Minor correction the FMA CellPros are 4S charger <Edit > there is a CellPro 10 and 10XP.

The 6 and 8S ar Powerlabs.

GensAce use JST-XH connectors and Powerlab 6 (in your case) needs to be set to JSt-XH) balance node not FMA node mode. You Also need to use JST=XH balancing adapter . Al this is unless you have a FMA node to JST-XH node adapter board in which case you would leave PL6 in the FMA balancing node.

Yes this is all a lot to grasp and sort out. There are no standards for balancing leads configurations or connectors.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Apr 01, 2012 at 07:08 PM.