SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:53 AM
Autodidact
Joined Jan 2012
261 Posts
Help!
Is this an ESC / Motor issue? (First Quad build)

This is my first quad, custom frame, 30A detrum ESCs with simonk firmware, gforce E400 A2216-1250KV, Naze32 FC, Turnigy 9x with FrSky hardware installed and a D8RII+ rx with CPPM upgrade. I have calibrated the throttle in each esc with a power-up at full throttle then throttle down, beeps, etc..

It was flying fine, then i had a minor crash (flip from a couple feet up into the cround) i took it apart, installed LED strips on the arms, after that it wont fly, just acts really sporadic... Since, I have disconnected all the LEDs to troubleshoot this silly animal.

Now it is acting like the motors wont spin up very well, i did get it to fly yesterday, no vid (sorry), and it sounded like gas engines.... stuttering randomly and making flight almost impossible... while holding it a motor will just stop while moving it around...?

I want to test things, so I am soldering up a new harness/frame as I type this with new un-flashed HKblue30A ESCs as i am a my wits end..... This is while i am waiting for my new FC board to see if that is the problem

Acrophobia - Quadcopter - New Problems (0 min 29 sec)

Here is a contrast..... This was when it was flying fine.. (only a couple days prior)
Acrophobia - Quadcopter First Outdoor Flight (1 min 36 sec)
TEDious is offline Find More Posts by TEDious
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:24 AM
Autodidact
Joined Jan 2012
261 Posts
Here is the last video before i tear it apart to try the other ESCs....

Acrophobia - Quadcopter - Problems 02 (0 min 58 sec)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 02:56 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi T,
Check your gyro and accelerometer sensor graphs to see if there is a problem. It appears to be a gyro problem, especially if nothing else changed from your good flights. The only other thing that might cause that kind of instability is improper flight controller orientation.

I suggest that you perform further tests with your model tied down until it is responding correctly to save it from further damages. Also you will get better response if you post in TC's NASE32 thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...95761&page=121

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:54 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue as you had in the video. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have ruled out a bad control board since I tried my quad with a working board and it acted the same way. I am assuming it is the ESCs or bad wiring/soldering? Any ideas?
a1ronzo is offline Find More Posts by a1ronzo
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:59 AM
Autodidact
Joined Jan 2012
261 Posts
I believe mainly vibrations, had a couple motor shafts that were bent from bashing as a noon... I've also isolated the FC better now from the vibrations