SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Do you prefer stickers or no stickers on your SS?
Original stickers 14 42.42%
No stickers 13 39.39%
Custom paint or stickers 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 23, 2003, 07:58 PM
Captain E's sidekick
Woodbury, Minnesota
Joined Aug 2003
208 Posts
Poll: Stickers or no stickers on SS?

After browsing the forum today, I realized that almost every slow stick owner didn't put stickers on their plane. Was I the only one who did??
Kramer_87 is offline Find More Posts by Kramer_87
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:10 PM
Get up there!
Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2002
340 Posts
I originally left them off. My next door neighbor came over and said that I really needed to put some iron cross decals on it to make it look right.

Last week I saw a SS bainted all black with a few feathers taped off of the trailing edge tips. Made it look like a big bird. I wonder how often he is getting attacked by hawks and such.
BrentLA is offline Find More Posts by BrentLA
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:21 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Old Oct 24, 2003, 01:00 AM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Hey it's an extra step...and I'm ready to FLY Now!!!
that and my girlfriend is Jewish.....no matter how I explain that the iron cross type insignia PreDates the nazi period it's a hopeless cause...
(she says "oh it's OK "..but I know bettter....It would cause this little tiny bit of stress so why bother?)

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Oct 24, 2003, 01:33 AM
AerialCamsByDoug@aol.com
Detroit MI
Joined Jul 2003
550 Posts
I originally had 'em on mine, but peeled 'em off when they started to lift and turn into mini-drag chutes. Sure glad I never used the "tape" supplied with the kit! It's the same crummy stuff, isn't it?
ZRX Doug is offline Find More Posts by ZRX Doug
Old Oct 24, 2003, 03:19 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined May 2003
448 Posts
Perhaps it is just me but the tape supplied with mine has been fine - it has only let go in one place where I tried to reposition it. And then I just smooth it down every few flights. Mind you we don't get strong sunlight here - perhaps it is UV that does for the glue?

I didn't put stickers on mine as I plan to paint it - I've only had it a year so it is still new

Graham
eSmasher is offline Find More Posts by eSmasher
Old Oct 24, 2003, 05:58 AM
Where's the CA?
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
727 Posts
me11owman, bring her to the library/internet and pull up some sources on it. I'm pretty sure the Iron Cross is still an award in their armed forces, if not on their Aircraft.

I'm Jewish as well and have no problem flying the Iron Cross, but no matter how well she flies, I just can't bring myself to fly the ME-109.
Mindblade is offline Find More Posts by Mindblade