HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
When you go on a plane .. do you care which aircraft it is?

do you want to know whether it's a Boeing or Airbus, the model and the variant you are flying in? or don't you give a flying fadoodle about that ?
MAGGIES is offline Find More Posts by MAGGIES
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Morningside
Joined Jul 2008
150 Posts
Yep - If I have a choice I'll go on a Boeing over an Airbus, I haven't flown too many 'feederliner' types so I don't really have a choice, but from reading "crash comics" I'd prefer De Haviland over ATR
badwookie is offline Find More Posts by badwookie
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:48 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,436 Posts
When you go on a plane .. do you care which aircraft it is?

I wouldn't dream of going on one of my planes, unless it was on fire.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hey, watch this!
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Feb 2005
408 Posts
Age Matters

I always try to look for the manufacturer's plate on the doorway to see how old the plane is. Some of the Boeing aircraft I've flown on were over twenty years old! Can you imagine how many rotations that is? Oi.

(For my wife and I its like looking for the restaurant sanitary rating - she will leave if the rating is less than 95 (here in North Carolina).)
Raymond-leflyr is offline Find More Posts by Raymond-leflyr
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:45 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,536 Posts
I prefer Boeing aircraft, the reliability and technology of a company that has been building airliners for so many years is had to beat. Twenty years is not old for a well designed airliner...think about the age of the B52..still going strong after all these years.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:53 PM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Minneapolis
Joined Sep 2010
639 Posts
i prefer Boeing, the ride seem to be a lot smoother on a Boeing, the engines seem to be a lot quieter.

p/s : i flew on Airbus A320 4 times, Boeing 737 twice, 747 4 times.
StewieRC is offline Find More Posts by StewieRC
Old May 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
San Diego
Joined May 2010
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond-leflyr View Post
I always try to look for the manufacturer's plate on the doorway to see how old the plane is. Some of the Boeing aircraft I've flown on were over twenty years old! Can you imagine how many rotations that is? Oi.

(For my wife and I its like looking for the restaurant sanitary rating - she will leave if the rating is less than 95 (here in North Carolina).)
So if something on the doorway plate bothers you do you leave the plane and arrange for a later flight on a more acceptable airframe? Uh, huh... I didn't think so. That's a great way to get TSA pissed off at you and your checked luggage blown up.

I've flown in hundreds each of Boeing, AirBus, Embraer, and continuing down in size and numbers... You just can't beat an Air France 747 for absolute comfort and luxury, even in coach. Same with Singapore Airlines and their 747 coach. However, Airbus 1st class in the newer planes has a lot to offer. I think my favorite of all time was a Delta Executive class in one of their over-seas DC10 (or was it an MD11?) planes... man that was a comfortable flight! Wide bodies rule!
QuadManiac is offline Find More Posts by QuadManiac
Last edited by QuadManiac; May 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
Wilson, NC
Joined Aug 2009
199 Posts
I always want to know what plane it is since I am interested in airplanes. The only time I had a concern was on a flight to Mexico out of Chicago, around 1967 or so. As I boarded the plane I saw something that gave me some negative thoughts, but I could not pin point the reason. I looked around and looked at the safety flier they gave me and then I remembered. It was a British Jet airliner, I believe Delta shaped, that had had a lot of problems, I believe from vibrations. I believe there had been some crashes. On the Mexican airliners at the time there was no limit on the number of drinks you could have, so after three margaritas I had no more concerns.
villapilote is offline Find More Posts by villapilote
Old May 17, 2012, 11:01 AM
Too much to do not enough time
Wisconsin
Joined Sep 2010
273 Posts
"If it's not Boeing, I ain't going..."

After all the stories my dad tells me about the A320, I'm not exactly thrilled with Airbus products... Yeah, I'll fly them, but not as calmly as I would a good ol' DC-9 or MD-80
BobaFett1138 is offline Find More Posts by BobaFett1138