HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 05:19 AM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
looking good Nodd your almost their . I know it sounds like a silly question but is that glue on the control rod in the last image ???
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 09:26 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Maiden! Maiden! Maiden! Maiden! Maiden! Maiden! Maiden! Maiden!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old May 10, 2012, 11:22 AM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,659 Posts
i think you are playing too much and not working enough,this JOB should have been done by NOW,,,LOL
beauty it is.
Ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old May 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Maiden please
Old May 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Theoretical Modeler..
Joined Oct 2007
2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Trainer plane View Post
looking good Nodd your almost their . I know it sounds like a silly question but is that glue on the control rod in the last image ???
Looks like regular ol' 5 min. epoxy to me
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
Old May 10, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_tech View Post
Looks like regular ol' 5 min. epoxy to me
Thanks
Old May 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
Build something.
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Trainer plane View Post
Yes the outer nylon part of the push-rods are held in place with epoxy.
Nodd is online now Find More Posts by Nodd
Old May 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
nice build Nodd
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old May 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
715 Posts
Thank you 320pilot. I picked up some crazy-strong rare earth magnets to hold my canopy in place. Couldn't resist playing with them first though...

I'm using two at the front & two at the rear of the canopy. My worries about these not being strong enough were totally unfounded. It takes considerable effort to remove the canopy...

Not something I can really photograph, the rest of my time today was spent programming the radio...

The motor is now controlled by my three position flap switch. It runs at 0%, 30%, 100% power. My throttle stick now operates the flaps with the last 25% feeding in the crow mixing. I may add camber control too but for now this setup should get me flying.

Very little to do now. I still need to add a smidge of weight to the tail, plus I want to makeup some short servo extension cables that I'll plug into the receiver so that when I remove the wing I can unplug stuff from the extension cables, not the receiver. I figure the less the receiver is disturbed the better.

The weather has been terrible this week, raining & windy so I don't feel too bad about these delays, I couldn't have flown anyway. The forecast for the weekend looks promising though.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
What is your all up weight? Please and thank you.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Old May 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Shame about the Texan mate, but good to hear you got the ESC/BEC issue sorted. You'll feel a lot better with that system in place.

On ESC's, I really like the Mystery line of ESC's, also sold by HobbyKing as their 'Blue Series' line from 12A to 40A rated continuous output. Very smooth throttle curves, great response and good programming options (with instructions!) They also tend to have decent switch-mode BEC's as well, the 40A has 4A from memory.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11430

Anyway, just my two cents. Hope the setup and flight goes well!

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old May 11, 2012, 12:19 AM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scallopking View Post
What is your all up weight? Please and thank you.
I'll admit I've been avoiding weighing her. I almost don't what to know as there's little I can do about it at this point. She's certainly not a featherweight, I will say that. After I'm done balancing her tomorrow I'll drop her on the scales & we'll see what's what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingk View Post
Shame about the Texan mate, but good to hear you got the ESC/BEC issue sorted. You'll feel a lot better with that system in place.

On ESC's, I really like the Mystery line of ESC's, also sold by HobbyKing as their 'Blue Series' line from 12A to 40A rated continuous output. Very smooth throttle curves, great response and good programming options (with instructions!) They also tend to have decent switch-mode BEC's as well, the 40A has 4A from memory.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11430

Anyway, just my two cents. Hope the setup and flight goes well!

Cheers - boingk
Yes electronics can have all the programmable features in the world but without a programming manual what's the point? I love HobbyKing but sometimes, well umm, yeah. Anyway thanks once again for the advice. I spoke with our LHS RC guru about your 1 amp per servo rule & how you felt 3 amps wasn't going to cut it for a 100" full house e-glider. All I can say is he raised one eyebrow, Spock style & scoffed at the idea. Still I agree its better to air on the side of caution. More amps than I probably need = one less thing to worry about. Thanks again for the help.
Last edited by Nodd; May 11, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 03:16 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodd View Post
All I can say is he raised one eyebrow, Spock style & scoffed at the idea.
I can't be sure but I think your original ESC had a 3A linear BEC. If you're running from a 2s lipo I would be happy running 4 servos but on 3s I'd be concerned even with 3. If you had SBEC, 3A would be fine.
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old May 11, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
how much does the fuselage weigh in total ???
Mr ABC Rc is offline Find More Posts by Mr ABC Rc
Old May 11, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,659 Posts
cant wait.
Ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN