Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:13 PM
Build something.
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
685 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the build, I had a lot of fun working on that project.

I don't know if the sweep of a V-tail adversely effects its tracking. For the few flights I got with her, she seemed to turn very nicely. As far as recall, I can't say I noticed any major issues. If there were any, I'd be inclined to look to the aileron differential as a way to tweak that Vs reworking the tail though.

The sweep was added, not just too look cool but as a way to limit the needed length of the tail-boom by hanging a large percentage of the v-tail out past its end. That gave the necessary tail moment while minimizing the length of the somewhat spindly boom I was using. I thought it was a rather clever solution but maybe there's something to your theory *shrug* ?

Anyway this design has been retired or more accurately, reworked into a new build. (At the time I'm writing this) I've not yet re-created the new tail so maybe I'll look into the pros & cons of a swept V-tail & make adjustments if necessary. Thanks for bringing it up.

Glad you like the soda-pop bottle canopy technique. I'm a big fan of that too. I'm hoping to get back to the rebuild soon, I'm a tad distracted with another project right now though. Happy building Jim.
Nodd is offline Find More Posts by Nodd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Nodd;

If we get anymore nice days this year, and you feel like driving up to Ellington to the NCRCC field, I for one, would love to see that sailplane and its new wing.

Richard
Himself is offline Find More Posts by Himself
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:19 PM
Build something.
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
685 Posts
You folks are a bit of a hike from here but I do enjoy flying at different fields & meeting new folks. Appreciate the invitation. Let me get this puppy done & we'll see about a visit *smile*
Nodd is offline Find More Posts by Nodd
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodd View Post
You folks are a bit of a hike from here but I do enjoy flying at different fields & meeting new folks. Appreciate the invitation. Let me get this puppy done & we'll see about a visit *smile*
Well, please do keep it in mind.

Richard
Himself is offline Find More Posts by Himself