HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
DO NOT THROW YOUR OWN PLANE... Get a some one else to chuck it for you. That way you have both hands on the xmitter...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Before I tried hand launching I'd do some glide tests without power. A decent non powered toss should get you about 20 - 40 feet from where you tossed it.

Make sure your plane is balanced before flight. Make sure left stick left rudder left, left stick right rudder right, right stick back elevator up, etc, etc.

Throttle to about half face into the wind and give a toss. It's not a baseball so really doesn't need to be horcked. More about like you're trying to lob a water balloon and keep it from breaking before it hits someone. Ease back on the right stick and remember to make small corrections. A nice roll out (gaining altitude) should require less than half elevator.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
I'd like to note that the "test glide" is fine for small planes, but as the size increases it probably will not work so well. I'd really hate to try that on my3DHS 55" Extra!
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,160 Posts
Your problem could also be that you have insufficient power. Are you sure the prop is not on backwards? Are your batteries fully charged? Your description of your attempts make me think that maybe you never have achieved sufficient flying speed and it is stalling out on you. If at all possible, see if there is a club near you. If there is, I am sure they have someone who would be most happy to give you a hand in getting it flying properly.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
I'd like to note that the "test glide" is fine for small planes, but as the size increases it probably will not work so well. I'd really hate to try that on my3DHS 55" Extra!
Don
Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I wouldn't do this for anything large, PZ bellylanders is about as large, not including powered sailplanes.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeARock View Post
i keep crashing! on the simulator i am AWESOME! but every time i go fly my dynam j3 piper cub we (my dad and me) we cant get if of the ground so we hand launch it and the first time it nosedived and "flew" not even 10 feet. the second time I hand launched and I got it in the air but after about 10 seconds it turned around and went right at me and hit me in the shoulder.

Does anybody have any tips to help fly or how to launch it off the ground so I don't have to hand launch every time.
When you can fly" AWESOME" including landing and takeoff with a lot of variable wind and gust, a mid or low wing plane on Real Flight simulator, you will fly without problem a cub still no trimmed.
You need a lot of training I think, other option could be a Champ or micro J3, to learn.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668