Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:53 PM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Discussion
Is this a good boat for me to get?

http://www.venom-group.com/Store/Ele...Brushless-Boat

Or would you recommend something bigger/better? I've already decided on electric.
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Depends on what you want to do? Do you run in small ponds, larger lakes, wavy areas, smooth glassy water.............etc.

That boat is basically the King of Shaves Cat in different colors and trim.

I've heard that they run well................and i have zero experience with one..........maybe someone on here owns one.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:21 AM
Heli Hooligan
London
Joined Dec 2006
6,060 Posts
Probably larger lakes. I just want something that's going to perform well and be low maintenance. I fly mostly helicopters so this is going to be a sideline for me.
mahbouni is offline Find More Posts by mahbouni
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:43 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
Probably larger lakes. I just want something that's going to perform well and be low maintenance.
Hi Mahbouni,

Good performance and low maintenance are not compatible, regardless of the type, a boat always needs a fair amount of maintenance to run reliably.

If you have the time, go through this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049195
I believe the boat has 'some' issues, like every "RTR".

Running on larger lakes requires a rescue boat of some sort, as a cat will not self right after a flip, unlike a monohull with a floodchamber.

Do make sure to tape the hatch!

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:28 AM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
A boat on 1m length is perfect to alot of upgrading.... So if your thinking of keeping the hull forever, i would look for a 1m hull.
Mikethk is offline Find More Posts by Mikethk