HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Don't get me wrong, HK does have good products that I am familiar with. If EMS is the solution, that is fine.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:52 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,019 Posts
FWIW, all my orders have been 'cheapest rate'.
From reports that I recall, EMS is hit or miss.
Let us know how your latest EMS order comes out.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I just placed a <$60 order with HK and EMS, we'll see. It is probably hit and miss, but if this EMS shipment isn't here in two weeks I'll start looking for another vendor. I imagine it is the same for any offshore vendor? Say Leaders? I am looking for 450-500 heli parts.
I've gotten 6 day service from China. And a lot longer also.
Once I ordered some heli parts from a vendor in Canada, and the parts came from Ho Chi Minh City!
I have that in my keepsakes!
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
I've gotten 6 day service from China. And a lot longer also.
Once I ordered some heli parts from a vendor in Canada, and the parts came from Ho Chi Minh City!
I have that in my keepsakes!
ah those crazy Canucks !
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:58 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
FWIW, all my orders have been 'cheapest rate'.
From reports that I recall, EMS is hit or miss.
Let us know how your latest EMS order comes out.
I ordered on the 7th (Saturday), it shipped on the 9th, and I got it on the 12th. So I'll use EMS from now on I guess, even though it is more expensive.
I may have to shop the US sites more now to see if I can buy an equivalent item for less with shipping factored in.

I'm not exactly sure what EMS even is, except that it is a postal service co-op.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:22 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I ordered on the 7th (Saturday), it shipped on the 9th, and I got it on the 12th. So I'll use EMS from now on I guess, even though it is more expensive.
I may have to shop the US sites more now to see if I can buy an equivalent item for less with shipping factored in.

I'm not exactly sure what EMS even is, except that it is a postal service co-op.
Checkout headsuprc.com
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Checkout headsuprc.com
I have been buying parts on and off from Jeff for 6-7 years now, and recommended him here and on Wattflyer.

I buy from HK for the cheap heli and quad/tricopter parts nowadays. I also buy from Xheli, Nitroplanes, Value Hobby, Leaders, AC-RC, Tower Hobbies, and the LHS. Some from small online vendors also.

The breadth and availability of stuff at HK is attractive if you fly planes also.

edit: Most are good if you have the time and patience to do the legwork I guess. Look up vendors on RCG people!
Last edited by eagle777; Apr 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne9999 View Post
HeadsUP RC is $2 shipping for any parts. $6 for a aircraft kit. My orders there have arrived sometimes in 2 days from Florida to Oregon and 3 days is the longest. I just wish they had more in their selection.

I am just saying $23, long wait, risk of loss has taken the value out of it for me.

Dave

I have to go with ya on that one Dave. HeadsUP is the new go to place for good stuff. The shipping is cheap and fast and they even have a phone.
treeshurtz is offline Find More Posts by treeshurtz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:17 AM
Porro et Sursum
Australia, New South Wales, Lismore
Joined Oct 2010
174 Posts
I recently ordered some APC props from AirCraftWorld in Japan, and 400 grams was $10 to post EMS. HK charges nearly $20 for the same weight. Nice one boys, charge double for shipping and pull in more profit. That is after putting fake weights on the package to bump up the rate in the first place. I can't believe this company is owned by an Aussie. What a disgrace. Boo HK
Flying V is offline Find More Posts by Flying V