HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:53 AM
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
384 Posts
Question
HobbyKing: is there anybody out there? Are you still in business?

I've been a customer for several years now, never had a problem until recently: an order placed in late mid February is being held up because of 1 item being on backorder. I tried to "CANCEL" (remove) that 1 item because I NEED the rest of the order, AND I decided I really don't need the back ordered item anyway.

When I attempt to "CANCEL" the item it, it says:
"Attention
Cannot find paid, active order in your history", despite that fact that the order was paid in full within minutes after placing it.

So I attempted to contact thru the "Customer Service Center" 5 days ago: NO REPLY! The message I posted is "Awaiting assignment to a help desk operator".

Attempts to use the online chat are useless, and they purpotedly do not have a customer support e-mail.

Is anybody home there? Are you still in business?
CorsairJock is online now Find More Posts by CorsairJock
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:10 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
They are home and as I just made a purchase, they still appear to be in business.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
384 Posts
So, .....they are still taking orders, ..............maybe just "Customer Service" has been eliminated? Victim of budget cuts?

I know this: from now on, I'll only order what I absolutely cannot find anywhere else. If it can be found somewhere else, even if it's more expensive, I'll buy it somewhere else.

Long shipment times, add expenses/ fees of sending money to China, non-existant "Customer Service Centre": I'll spend my money somewhere else whenever possible.
CorsairJock is online now Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Nah, sometimes it's slow for them to respond, it just depends on how many enquiries they are dealing with. It was a classic when they got the last lot of 9x radios in, they sold out in minutes and everyone who missed out flooded the support area and zen desk with questions on how long it would be before they were re-stocked. I've been lucky, any request for order support or product enquiries I have ever made have been answered within a few days.

Mark
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Just keep trying on the live chat, if you are lucky you may get a reply but if you dont well Guess you will have to write it off
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Nah, sometimes it's slow for them to respond, it just depends on how many enquiries they are dealing with. It was a classic when they got the last lot of 9x radios in, they sold out in minutes and everyone who missed out flooded the support area and zen desk with questions on how long it would be before they were re-stocked. I've been lucky, any request for order support or product enquiries I have ever made have been answered within a few days.

Mark
How do you know this?
weimer20 is offline Find More Posts by weimer20
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:04 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weimer20 View Post
How do you know this?
ahhh I can read? Have you been to the support center/centre?

weimer20 why would you ask me that? And what does it have to do with the OP's problem? Love to John and the boyz (edit, it deserves a z as boys is so un posse) by the way. LOL See he got busted yet again. So Sooo Sooooooooooo funny.

Anyway enough of that little diversion, so weimer20 you think there is no one at HK and whats your opine on them still being in business, afterall thats what this topic is about.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 02, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
"ahhh I can read" (weiner20? uhhh, apparently not)
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:30 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
uhhhhhhhhh, I said I could read Bro, never said I culd spelz Bra. So what is it exactly you wanted to know? What do you mean "how do you know this"? Seems an odd question when pondering if infact HK are there and if they are still in business? So weimer20 are they there and are they still in business? What are your thoughts on this?

Mark
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
"Anyway enough of that little diversion, so weimer20 you think there is no one at HK and whats your opine on them still being in business, afterall thats what this topic is about."

I think there is no one at HK? You derive this somehow from the simple question I posted which was simply "how do you know this". Wow! That's quite a stretch. The topic? Yeah, it's about yet another persons frustration in dealing with HK. There is no question that they are "still in business". I'm pretty sure the OP is not being literal but is really just expressing a level of frustration in dealing with HK. What's my "opine on them still being in business"? Thanks for asking! My opine is this. They exist because they have customers. Lots of them. No customers equals no business. Unsatisfied customers tend to take their business elsewhere. Business 101 stuff here. (Hey, you asked!) The internet has added a twist to business. Today, people can share their experiences in dealing with a business with others. This makes it much more imperative that a business strive to provide their customers with a satisfying experience in doing business with them. Should a business find that numerous customers are venting frustration about them it would be wise to correct the sources of frustration. Getting into the marketing side of business 101 here. Perceptions are important! Take me for example. I have made the choice to never send HK any of my business. I am projected to spend several thousand dollars this year on various items. HK lost that revenue. I have advised quite a few others to go elsewhere for their hobby needs as well. HK lost that revenue also. (again, you asked) It appears to me that HK has a bit of a PR problem. If they don't take it seriously, it will only get worse. How do I feel about them being in business? Wouldn't bother me a bit if they ceased to be.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:12 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Indeed the internet allows us to discuss our opinions inclusively. It goes both ways . Although it would appear some don't think so?

Why would I or infact anyone other than HK care how many thousands you or anyone you know project to spend and/or where you spend it, it's your money, spend it where you want? You seem to be directing your "I'm never going to spend with HK" at me. Why? I don't care where you spend your money.

Mark
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:16 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
apparently, you do care.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=36
Quote:
Indeed the internet allows us to discuss our opinions inclusively. It goes both ways . Although it would appear some don't think so?

Why would I or infact anyone other than HK care how many thousands you or anyone you know project to spend and/or where you spend it, it's your money, spend it where you want? You seem to be directing your "I'm never going to spend with HK" at me. Why? I don't care where you spend your money.

Mark
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:15 AM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Im curious why kcv6 always jumps in to defend Hobbyking? are you somehow tied to them? they know of this forum as I have sent them a link
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
66 Posts
i would prefer to order from hobbyhot rather than hobbyking , haha, they ship much faster
szewang2805 is offline Find More Posts by szewang2805
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:37 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Quote:

Mark
You sure seem to have a lot of knowledge about HK to only be a customer.

Are you sure that you aren't connected in some way? Me thinks you are!
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw