Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
606 Posts
Question
Looking for Small, Simple, and Fast Plans/Build Less Than 16oz/454g

Howdy:

I am looking for a small, simple, and fast plans/builds weighing less than 16oz/454g and 30" or less WS.

General Specs Sought
Build Complexity: Simple
Speed: Relatively fast
Configuration: Probably a pusher, but open to tractor or slot
Weight: Less than 16oz, preferably closer to 8oz
WS: Prefer 30" or less for transport
Batt: 3S 1000mah lipo
Motor: I have two of these on hand ( http://www.donsrc.com/cart/index.php...d&productId=27 )
Materials: FFF/Bluecore 6mm/0.25"
Just completed my first scratch-build, so my skills are not great. One of the best things I like about that build is knowing that if I crash it, I am likely out just a few bucks of foam & materials. That makes it easier and more likely that I'll push myself to the edge of my skills and risk the model in a way I have not with the ARFs & RTFs I have flown up to now.

With that realization I thought a scratchbuild would be the best choice for my first relatively fast plane. If I auger it in, no weeping & gnashing of teeth on my part. Learn on fan-fold, so that when I buy a fast ARF in EPO or balsa & ply, I'll be good-to-go.

I have done some searching, but that is a poor substitute for experienced responses. The results of my searches, however point toward these sorts of planes:
1. ~24" flying wing, KFm-something (chevron type)
2. Sub-24" delta wing, KFm-something
3. ~24" Bob-cat-like twin boom
4. ???
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
to remove ads between posts