HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
Almost right. An 'amended' version below...

"So, from my DSX9 I transmit to a repeater about 50m away from myself that has a DSX9 compatible RX. I take the individual channel outputs from the DSX9 RX and plug them into repeater unit. I then take the repeater unit's PPM output and connect this to the Rangelink TX"

This was also Explained back on post 39 and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
It's not that hard to figure out it just takes the signal from one RX and sends it back out via a UHF TX but yes what he said ^^^^ RC TX>RX>Repeater>UHF TX>RX (on plane)

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
I Think you you Got it All right. You really don't need any PHD to install or use this system.

Standard rc gear (35/72 mhz or 2,4) tx -> rx -> repeaterbox -> uhf tx -> uhf rx.

You still need the same amount of uhf rx, but now you just use your standard rc gear without hacking your tx.
N485TG is offline Find More Posts by N485TG
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,450 Posts
Any reviews or updates?
milo12 is online now Find More Posts by milo12
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:34 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12 View Post
Any reviews or updates?
Apologies, people might be waiting upon me to compose a brief review - which indeed I will be. Rather embarrassingly though, when I went to were the digital scope was to measure any lag, after 2 minutes of playing around, the only 3S battery I took with me died. School-boy error!

Anyway, my intention is to put together a brief review - and soon - but in the meanwhile I can report it appears to do 'exactly what it says on the tin'. Simply plug-n-play!

If you understand the potential applications for this device and you have such a requirement, then I've yet to encounter any negatives (including any inhibiting lag). It just works!
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old May 05, 2012, 03:26 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
how do you order this thing? is the shipping something your choosing at the bottom there? i assume other is the USA and the description says this weighs 80 grams,,, is the 100 gram shipping the one to choose or is there shipping material? how does it come, slow boat or ems?

being a paypal thing, just don't want to order it wrong and have to wait longer waiting on me to transfer more money, etc.
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old May 05, 2012, 04:00 PM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
im thinking itt must be slow boat , mine was sent on the 21st and it still hasnt shown up...
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones
Old May 07, 2012, 05:57 AM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
has anyone else received theres yet?
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones
Old May 12, 2012, 05:20 AM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
I see them I sent out will be delivered approximately 1 week, that's just the one I have shippet to dutch jones there are problems.

regards John
John Jensen is offline Find More Posts by John Jensen
Old May 17, 2012, 03:12 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
I got mine yesterday

What is the jumper wire that came with it that goes from signal to ground to pinout? My jr rx didn't like being very close to the dragonlink, got it sorted now, look forward to trying it out all next week on vacation

Somethings going on with new york customs, stuff is sitting there forever. i got packages from hong kong and china still there since may 7..........
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old May 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
813 Posts
This is great!
I could be sitting on the couch watching my big screen, flying FPV, wirelessly . with the repeater on the roof antenna.
Now I am going to need more video power...

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old May 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
I got mine yesterday

What is the jumper wire that came with it that goes from signal to ground to pinout? My jr rx didn't like being very close to the dragonlink, got it sorted now, look forward to trying it out all next week on vacation

Somethings going on with new york customs, stuff is sitting there forever. i got packages from hong kong and china still there since may 7..........
Customs says up to 45 days to clear, postal service won't even run a trace on a customs package until 45 days of sitting. I had my video TX sit for about 25 days.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old May 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Jumperviren is to choose the mode with.

CH1 to CH8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 and ground

CH8 provides 8 channels
CH9 provides 9 channels, Ez UHF to run in CH9 modes.
CH10 provides 10 channels
CH11 provides 11 channels
CH12 provides 12 channels

It is shown at the end of the film.

You have to take everything from the repeater when you do it even if I do not do it on the film.

FPVlongrange Repeater system (3 min 38 sec)
John Jensen is offline Find More Posts by John Jensen
Last edited by John Jensen; May 17, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:21 PM
The Toy Man
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2004
270 Posts
Any further updates? Complaints? Latency tests? I've got my DL TX mounted up above my R/C trailer but going wireless between my TX & the DL TX would be a nice add-on if the latency doesn't hurt too much.

Thanks,
David
Frisk151 is offline Find More Posts by Frisk151
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:24 PM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Latency reported here...

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2012/05/29...e-com-preview/

... about 175ms.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:30 PM
The Toy Man
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2004
270 Posts
lol.. Just can't wait to know.. Payment sent, John.
Frisk151 is offline Find More Posts by Frisk151
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
So how's this one working out for you guys? I'm about to order one myself. FPV is so much fun, but I feel seriously limited by my current radio and I do not want to jump between FrSky and UHF all the time. This seems like a fantastic solution for those that have one radio and lots of receivers you can't just throw away.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck