HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:44 AM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
I do not care what you do with this system but; Make Sure you do not get in trouble with the law.
there is a loophole in the part 15 of the fcc law that let you use part 18 INDUSTRIAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT to control you R/C devices in the frequency of 2.4GHz and 900MHz, however all the law pertinent to R/C radio control is in part 95 which many people do not know about. this law can be enforce any time however the fcc don't care to enforce them, only when they want make lot of money with a fine. however the law is open to interpretation until some one is found guilty of braking the law, prosecuted and convicted then that court ruling can be use in other court of law to prosecute or convict any individual who has broken the law in question here.

Subpart C—Radio Control (R/C) Radio Service
§ 95.217 (R/C Rule 17) May I operate my R/C station transmitter by remote control?

(a) You may not operate an R/C transmitter by radio remote control. (See R/C Rule 12, §95.212.)

(b) You may operate an R/C transmitter by wireline remote control if you obtain specific approval in writing from the FCC. To obtain FCC approval, you must show why you need to operate your station by wireline remote control. If you receive FCC approval, you must keep the approval as part of your station records. See R/C Rule 24, §95.224.

(c) Remote control means operation of an R/C transmitter from any place other than the location of the R/C transmitter. Direct mechanical control or direct electrical control by wire from some point on the same premises, craft or vehicles as the R/C transmitter is not considered remote control.

[48 FR 24890, June 3, 1983, as amended at 63 FR 68976, Dec. 14, 1998

Sorry for the info
Best Regards Tito
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:51 AM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune by tito View Post
awesome info! Thanks for posting

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:04 AM
Bulgaria, Burgas, Sredets
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
question from a noob

Hi there,
does this mean that I can use a 35mhz tranny and send 2.4ghz to the aircraft, and in reality which is the best frequency for fpv 1.3 2.4 or 5.8 in terms of long range,
but this appears to be an exciting product.
regards,
Richard.
skyvanman is offline Find More Posts by skyvanman
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:19 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
skyvan: best frequency for FPV depends on a lot of things in your environment. you also have to balance the video and control frequencies.

i use 2.4 lawmate 500mw for video and 36mhz corona with a 4m antenna for control. goes about 5km with an 8db patch on a Lm rx.

if you want longer range try one of the LRS like EzUHF and add a higher gain video antenna like a 14db one, good for more like 20km.

good luck.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:40 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,863 Posts
How far do you want to fly? I have easily done 24km with my standard Dragonlink. I cant see the point in going further, unless for a record.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:57 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,212 Posts
I think the main point of this is to get your uhf TX away and off of your radio controller. I get interference with my groundstation when using my TSLRS too close to it so it would be good for that at least. I guess it could be used as a range extender as well.

I have considered doing this with my Futaba radio and a PPM encoder before I got a Channel Wizard to make my Futaba compatible with the TSLRS. No ppm out on any 12-14 channel Futaba RX's. I needed 12 channels and was having difficulty finding a 12 channel ppm converter.I think 10 was the highest. Maybe I need to look for a 12 channel converter again.

Any measured lag with this device?

Anyway, cool product. I may end up giving it a try.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:10 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
For me, it's the ability to position your UHF TX in a more ideal location, as well as mix 2 controllers; one for piloting and the other for camera operation.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:05 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
I needed 12 channels and was having difficulty finding a 12 channel ppm converter.I think 10 was the highest. Maybe I need to look for a 12 channel converter again.
I think the RMILEC PPM&PWM signal dual way converter can convert 12 PWMs to 1 PPM. This page is a bit more explicit about it: http://rmilec.com/cp/html/?16.html

No idea if it's compatible with LRS systems.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:37 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Keep in mind, there already exists a few 2.4Ghz Rxs out there that can output a raw PPM
stream which you can connect to the PPM input of any UHF Tx module.
For example. Ch8 on this 7ch Rx outputs PPM.
http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=239
FrSky also makes a Futaba FASST compatible Rx with PPM output
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=80
Can modify the Corona Synth FM Rx to output PPM
http://www.team-blacksheep.com/article/page:20

This approach obviously doesn't include the ability to multiplex multiple Rxs into one stream, but not everyone needs that.

ian
Wow, I'm surprised I've never thought about this before. It's so easy...

So any RCRx with PPM-sum should work right? If so I could recommend this cheap FrSky 4ch RCRx that has both 8ch PPM-sum and PWM-RSSI (but I guess that's not really needed here): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19626
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:48 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Wow, I'm surprised I've never thought about this before. It's so easy...

So any RCRx with PPM-sum should work right? If so I could recommend this cheap FrSky 4ch RCRx that has both 8ch PPM-sum and PWM-RSSI (but I guess that's not really needed here): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19626
Ohhh, do give the FrSky TFR4 a try... I would love to know the answer!
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:48 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Looovve! it !
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
I think the main point of this is to get your uhf TX away and off of your radio controller. I get interference with my groundstation when using my TSLRS too close to it so it would be good for that at least. I guess it could be used as a range extender as well.

I have considered doing this with my Futaba radio and a PPM encoder before I got a Channel Wizard to make my Futaba compatible with the TSLRS. No ppm out on any 12-14 channel Futaba RX's. I needed 12 channels and was having difficulty finding a 12 channel ppm converter.I think 10 was the highest. Maybe I need to look for a 12 channel converter again.

Any measured lag with this device?

Anyway, cool product. I may end up giving it a try.

Yes there is some lag or delay, But will only be a problem If you fly 3D heli.
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:55 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
didnt fmkit do something with repeaters a while ago?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:21 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
Don't forget that the Rx needs 5V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
didnt fmkit do something with repeaters a while ago?
Here it is: U-link uhf lrs. It's a radio link with actual repeater functionality -- the system itself retransmits the signal for longer range. Made for Nunchuck.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Please try keep this thread discussing the FPV UHF repeater. It's perfect discussing other options and solutions but please try keeping this thread in line about the FPV UHF repeater from FPVlongrange.com
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks