SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:41 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,226 Posts
Discussion
Throttle End point adjustment?

I recently got a hitec aurora 9 and you can adjust all EPAs to 140% up and down including the throttle. Now on the servos i go until it binds then back off a bit, but i'm not sure what it would do for the throttle channel. Is it going to push the motor and esc more or just give more resolution to the throttle channel or nothing at all? Thanks for your help!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,265 Posts
For most purposes you should set endpoints to approximately 100%. Using more with servos gets you to angles on the output arms that cause control surface movement to be increasingly non-linear. There are exceptions for special purposes such as flaps, but for the principal control surfaces the throw should not be much over 100%. Control surface throw should then be set as necessary using mechanical adjustments.

As for the throttle channel with an ESC the throw should also be about 100%. It may in some cases be necessary to increase throw at the low end to get the ESC to arm, but normally it's not. There is absolutely no point in increasing the high end, as the ESC normally calibrates itself to suit the radio's signal range. Bottom line, unless you have a problem with arming, leave the endpoints at 100%.

Incidentally, endpoint adjustment of over 100% is a normal feature of virtually all programmable radios, with the maximum ranging from 125% to 150%.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
I recently got a hitec aurora 9 and you can adjust all EPAs to 140% up and down including the throttle. Now on the servos i go until it binds then back off a bit, but i'm not sure what it would do for the throttle channel. Is it going to push the motor and esc more or just give more resolution to the throttle channel or nothing at all? Thanks for your help!
Do not adjust EPA's unless required for 3D.
Throttle trim must be reduced to minimum or at least les than 50% on
any computerised transmitter for an ESC to arm correctly, please refer to:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution + ESC / BEC Set Up

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
. Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.