HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Discussion
Top RC FW 190 1200mm

tried a search couldn't find it here, never heard of Top RC. I'll close this if there is already a thread on it.

at SN Hobbies
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
536 Posts
Is that Tubby?

Hey brent I think this model has made a few appearances, in other threads, and is not affectonatly referred to as TUBBY because the gear are so short, check out the FMS FW 190 thread, its been discussed there somewhat
cgoffa is offline Find More Posts by cgoffa
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,526 Posts
RC Castle sells it as well. My friend has one and they fly very nice
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2178
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:00 PM
RC Aircraft Enthusiast
United States
Joined Mar 2012
154 Posts
I like the look of the retracts wih the second door to close up the tire. This differentiates this model from the Flyzone Rx-R version.
Marvie100 is offline Find More Posts by Marvie100
Last edited by Marvie100; Apr 03, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
Langley, British Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
305 Posts
Is this a redone flyzone model or is it something new. I've never heard of top rc either.
ks
kingsnake11 is offline Find More Posts by kingsnake11
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
ok thanks for the info guys. king, no it is not a redone flyzone.

here is top rc http://www.toprchobby.com/Products.asp?ClassID=1
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2009
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
ok thanks for the info guys. king, no it is not a redone flyzone.

here is top rc http://www.toprchobby.com/Products.asp?ClassID=1
Thanks Brent
I'll have to take a spin out to SN to have a look at one. I wasn't impressed with the build quality of the beegee they make. Maybe this one will be better put together. Definately worth a look.
ks
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Oct 2009
305 Posts
Had a look at one

I stopped in at SNhobies and got the see one out of the box. It is a very nice looking aircraft and like most of these, slightly out of scale. It has the standard electric retracts and doors that we see with other warbirds from that part of the world so I am not sure how long they will last. I really liked the plastic battery hatch and it probably will not come off in flight as it is securely latched which is better than the system using weak magnets. The paint finish looks better than most and like all of these however, the paint will marr with little pressure. The paint on the battery hatch scratched off as he was opening and closing the hatch.

Regardless it is a nice looking aircraft and will probably fly well. It has a 750 kv motor and a big prop. The servo's don't appear to be anything special but there was no warping in the wings and all the linkages and horns were well made and glued in...what a nice change The price is quite good too.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
34 Posts
I have one and I really like it. It has plenty of power with the stock set up and is quite pleasing to the eye. Ive nosed it over a few times on rough landings and have only broken a single prop. The front cowl is heavy duty plastic and seems like it would withstand a good impact. The tail is a little funky but no model is perfect. Definately worth the money..
Fearse is offline Find More Posts by Fearse
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Oct 2009
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearse View Post
I have one and I really like it. It has plenty of power with the stock set up and is quite pleasing to the eye. Ive nosed it over a few times on rough landings and have only broken a single prop. The front cowl is heavy duty plastic and seems like it would withstand a good impact. The tail is a little funky but no model is perfect. Definately worth the money..
Hey Fearse
What is the flight response like? Is it similar in flying characteristics to something like the t-28? Where you landing on rough ground that caused the nose overs or grass? You're right about the tail, it's out of scale and way too thick but maybe that was done for strength...which is not a bad thing. It looked like it could take a nose over and not do a lot of damage.

thanks
ks
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearse View Post
FEARSE-really considering ordering this warbird do you have anything you know of to compare it to? SN HOBBIES SELLS -DOES IT HAVE FREE SHIPPING IN CANADA?Hmmmm? The landing gear,i've read some about gear failures/issues with the flyzone gear. Anyone with knowledge on this bird please chime in .cheers and thanks - kevin p.s. i'd go check one out for sure but i'm over in manitoba.
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Hurricane
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:32 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,526 Posts
The gear is shorter then the Flyzone one so the gear is alot stronger. My friend flys his off rough soccer grass and does very well.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:26 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
221 Posts
I am also on the fence about this one.Other than what some call Tubby,the short landing gear doesn't look all that bad.This bird appears to be designed much better all around than the Flyzone.I.E. flaps/servo placement/even the gear.Which should be much sturdier.Repairs look easy and parts are available.At least they released it with spare parts available at the get-go.That is a good sign.Anyway,after seeing the new Dynam which should be released from Nitroplanes some time later this month,i may hold off a bit longer.The gear on that one is longer and looks a bit better,scale wise.Dynam has no flaps installed and needs 4s batts.Either way both have there pluses and minus and its comes down to personal preference.Both should fly great.Hoping to hear and see more on the Top Model FW190.
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,526 Posts
If my friend brings his to the fielld tomorrow I will take some video of it and some pics as well
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:54 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,143 Posts
Looks nice. Landing Gear retracts run great.
Looks like you get a lot for the money on this.
Looking forward to seeing user discussion on it.
thanks
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar