HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
Account Closed
Joined May 2008
252 Posts
Discussion
Cellpro / no balance tap on Li-ion

I'm looking at the option of using 7.4v Fromeco Lithium-ion batteries in my plane, they do not use balance taps, only the two leads to power the radio. I have a Cellpro 4 and 10s however, I can't seem to find any documentation in the manual on proper set up with the Cellpro chargers to charge Li-ion without balance taps. Any thoughts?

Scott
Scott Gerber is offline Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber View Post
I'm looking at the option of using 7.4v Fromeco Lithium-ion batteries in my plane, they do not use balance taps, only the two leads to power the radio. I have a Cellpro 4 and 10s however, I can't seem to find any documentation in the manual on proper set up with the Cellpro chargers to charge Li-ion without balance taps. Any thoughts?

Scott
Hi,

Both of these chargers are cell balance chargers and cannot charge a pack without a balance tap. The Multi4, PL6, and PL8 are capable of charging this pack without a balance tap. You can add our CPBP7 pigtail to the pack so you can use your chargers. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
Account Closed
Joined May 2008
252 Posts
Thanks Howard,

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to with online research, just wanted to double check with someone in the know to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Scott
Scott Gerber is offline Find More Posts by Scott Gerber