Hiya folks

I am hoping you may be able to help me with a problem I am experiencing with
my Hitec Optic 6 sport and a universal USB adaptor under Windows 7 and
flight simulators.

I have plugged the adapter into the back of the TX Unit and Windows
installed Generic drivers for it.
However, when I started up the Demo version of "Phoenix RC" I got the
message that USB device was not detected... I also tried Demo's of "Clear
View Flight" sim and "G6 Sim"... still no controls working on the TX Unit to enable me to operate the software.

I then went into Windows "Devices and Printers" to test the calibration of
the Game Controller.. Nada... nowt working... the little crosshairs were
stuck to the upper left corner of the calibration box and no amount of
movement of the TX controls would move it, I even tried re-calibrating but
nothing worked on this either..

I tried the TX and Adaptor on another Windows 7 computer and the end result
was the same as above..!!

I called the UK distributor JP Perkins's helpline and even they were
stumped....

I have also contacted Hitec Support with no luck either...
davyg is offline Find More Posts by davyg
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:32 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,352 Posts
Usually you don't want generic drivers installed. I'm not up on the sim but with most usb type devices, specific drivers are installed from a CD. Usually there is a specific warning to not plug in until the software is installed.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Stranraer
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
I Didn't get a driver CD with the TX unit or Universal USB Adaptor...

The RC control shows up as a widegoose@live.cn in windows 7 Devices
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
Have had no joy from Hitec support as the cable is not one of their proprietary ones I (I can understand their reticence).
Just gonna bag the cable up and return to place of purchase.... bit of a bummer not being able to get to grips with some simulator experience before I fly my Tricopter once it is all built and ready to go...

I just hope that the cable has not damaged the electrics of the Hitec TX unit...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyg View Post
Have had no joy from Hitec support as the cable is not one of their proprietary ones I (I can understand their reticence).
Just gonna bag the cable up and return to place of purchase.... bit of a bummer not being able to get to grips with some simulator experience before I fly my Tricopter once it is all built and ready to go... I just hope that the cable has not damaged the electrics of the Hitec TX unit..(
You gave no details of the SIM cable/plug nor drivers, some of the el cheapo USB interface,
such as GWS, are brand specific.

The Optic 6 Sport Simulator settings are similar to those of the Aurora 9. refer
Aurora 9 - Simulator function Set-up

Have you tried any of the freeware software for which no drivers are required?
FMS may require a dll file to be inserted for Win7 as detailed under FMS, refer sub section
"Flight Simulators (Airplane, Heli & slope) & Sailing Simulators - Commercial & Freeware " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Following might also be of assistance:
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,177 Posts
Have you tried it with FMS http://n.ethz.ch/~mmoeller/fms/index_e.html ? Typically the USB versions will only work as a second tx on the big name sims as they require their own interface.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
cheers for the reply Alan..

I am using this USB interface cable http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...%20-%20Twister

The TX unit wont work at all with any software Demo's, I have tried FMS and have downloaded the required .DLL that is needed for it to run under Vista/Win 7, have also tried a French RC Sim (can't remember the name of it)
I can't even calibrate the RC controller in windows Devices as the crosshairs in the test box are firmly stuck to the upper left hand corner of the box and will not move no matter what I do with the TX Unit.
I am beginning to suspect that the cable may be faulty... I am at present looking for the Hitec USB simulator interface cable (part number 58315), kind of difficult to track it down here in the UK...Hitec support stated that that USB cable worked perfectly..

only drivers where the generic ones that Windows 7 installed upon insertion of the USB hardware..

Hope this clarifies things...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Optic 6 Sport - Simulator

Quote:
cheers for the reply Alan.. I am using this USB interface cable http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...%20-%20Twister The TX unit wont work at all with any software Demo's, I have tried FMS and have downloaded the required .DLL that is needed for it to run under Vista/Win 7, have also tried a French RC Sim (can't remember the name of it) I can't even calibrate the RC controller in windows Devices as the crosshairs in the test box are firmly stuck to the upper left hand corner of the box and will not move no matter what I do with the TX Unit. I am beginning to suspect that the cable may be faulty... I am at present looking for the Hitec USB simulator interface cable (part number 58315), kind of difficult to track it down here in the UK...Hitec support stated that that USB cable worked perfectly.. only drivers where the generic ones that Windows 7 installed upon insertion of the USB hardware.. Hope this clarifies things.
That cable is not known but given connector system pictured, suspect Walkera.

Suggest download RC Desk Pilot as does not require extra drivers for Win 7 or Vista.
. Plug cable into Optic 6 Sport and USB Dongle into PC.
. Turn Optic 6 Sport on before opening or running RC DeskPilot.
(Most sims require interface to be recognised by PC system so can be locked in whilst
program boots up - they will not recognise interface if enlivened after program has booted.)

. Run RC Deskpilot and setup channels as shown on Hitec Transmitter SIM Setup
instruction sheet attached to the link previous post.
. FMS is now a very old system which as in post #5 in most instances requires D3DRM.DLL:
Problems with FMS running under Windows 7 or Vista - D3DRM.DLL

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
That cable is not known but given connector system pictured, suspect Walkera.

Suggest download RC Desk Pilot as does not require extra drivers for Win 7 or Vista.
. Plug cable into Optic 6 Sport and USB Dongle into PC.
. Turn Optic 6 Sport on before opening or running RC DeskPilot.
(Most sims require interface to be recognised by PC system so can be locked in whilst
program boots up - they will not recognise interface if enlivened after program has booted.)

. Run RC Deskpilot and setup channels as shown on Hitec Transmitter SIM Setup
instruction sheet attached to the link previous post.
. FMS is now a very old system which as in post #5 in most instances requires D3DRM.DLL:
Problems with FMS running under Windows 7 or Vista - D3DRM.DLL

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Cheers Alan

But Still Nothing.... the Optic 6 is powered on as soon as the trainer cord is plugged into the trainer port.... still unable to calibrate the RC controller as no controls will work....
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
Quote:
Cheers Alan But Still Nothing.... the Optic 6 is powered on as soon as the trainer cord is plugged into the trainer port.... still unable to calibrate the RC controller as no controls will work....
That Twister cable is indeed a Shen Hua Walkera product and they do use two different
PPM data stream in their Tx, but hard to imagine Perkins would send the wrong unit.
There is also a possibility that there is an error in the adapter cable, refer to attached picture.

Lastly.. Have you updated your Optic 6 Sport?
(two updates = 29Dec10 & 05Mar12)
Whilst there was a recent refinement to the trainer function, you should still have seen
movement under the respective Simulator calibration menu for at least RC Deskpilot & FMS.
Do not try to calibrate on the Windows Joystick menu.
Ex Post #5 above
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ
extract:
"05March2012:
Optic 6 Sport 2.4 - Firmware update V1.02(0)
HPP-22 V1.12(0)
. HTS-VOICE Firmware update and Set up can be upgraded by HPP-22.
. Firmware update for HTS-VOICE (Ver.1.03(0))!!
- Real time RX battery voltage announcing (w/o sensor station)
- Can be upgraded by HPP-22
. Firmware update for OPTIC 6 SPORT 2.4 (Ver.1.02(0))!!
- Refine Trainer function
"
"
. Check referenced page for update procedure in need.

Alan T.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
Phew!!! Alan

That is way above my Noob capabilities... I still suspect that the cable is faulty

I wouldn't even begin to attempt an update of the TX unit until I am certain that it is in full working order (I don't want to invalidate any warranty on it in case I have to return the unit for replacement).

J.P.Perkins stated that the cable was indeed for the Hitec Optic 6.

I have now tried the unit and cable in 3 different computers and nothing is working....
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,696 Posts
error
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 31, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
No Error... just can't calibrate controller in the Simulators..!!!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Any update on this as i have just got a Hitec Optic 6 Sport 2.4ghz and want to use it with sims.
RyThEm is offline Find More Posts by RyThEm
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
56 Posts
Not a thing... I sent the USB sim interface cable back for a refund.... J.P.Perkins told me that they would be getting the proper Hitec sim cables in stock in about 4 weeks time... as yet I have heard nowt back from them.....