HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by triumphtwins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, IL, Milan
Joined Dec 2009
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Sold
Habu 32, Stumax SM 80, HET, HS 5085's Castle 100, 2 sets 7S Lipo's

Well as tough as it is I have come to grips with the fact that my flying field just isn't suited for this little HotRod! Price $800

The Good:
Habu 32 airframe $329

Stumax SM 80 45 Carbon Fiber fan unit, SWEET!!! $320

HET 700 60 1738 kv motor $110

TamJet Electric retract struts (Also Very NICE) $150

8 pcs. Hitec HS 5085 Digital High Torque servos $345

Castle ICE 100 ESC $118

Eflite 25 - 46 "Full Metal" Tricycle retracts (NICE) $169

Ternigy 7s Lipo's (2-3s 30c & 2-4s 30c 4000mah) NEW! $140

Eflite Delta V 32 80MM fan (balanced) $35

Eflite BL32 2150kv Ducted Fan Motor $75

NO RX, I'm keeping it for another project.

As you can see this one was built right and the final cost is over $1500! This Thing Flies GREAT! On 6s it will do about 110 mph and is SUPER quiet with the stumax fan. On 7s it is closer to 130+mph. On 6s with the Stumax fan vertical is unlimited.

Now, The Bad! As mentioned above my flying site just isn't suited to this jet with it's smallish wheels. On about my 10th flight on 6s I overshot my runway and rolled the jet off into the tall grass and this snapped the plastic retract block on the nose gear. Strike 1! By the way, These flights were all with the stock fan E Flite and motor.

So I replace just the nose gear and flew without incident for about 5 more flights. At this time I also added a set of TamJet upgrade struts which are VERY nice!!! (expensive, but nice) I then happened upon the USARCJETS.com website and saw that they actually had the NEW Stumax SM 80 45 fan IN STOCK.....I had to have one. I coupled it up with the HET 700 60 1738kv motor and ran it on 6s hoping to move to 7s after I got used to the new found speed! Then about 5 flights later I caught the left wheel on the edge of the runway and partially pulled the front 2 mounting screws out of the wing mounting blocks. Strike 2!

I had read here on RC Groups in the Habu forum about installing 25 -46 metal retracts in with almost no mods. My Saving Grace! Or.....so I thought. I fit them in without any problems and they look great. I opened the wheel wells up and fit larger wheels on the Habu to hopefully get this thing where I could really have some fun with it and run try the new 7s packs I just bought. WOW, What a difference! Much more stable on the ground with the bigger wheels and new found confidence in landing this speed demon. THEN, after 6 flights on the new landing gear the nose gear stopped working. The gears inside the retract seemed to be slipping or something, the motor runs but no action. A call to Horizon and they said they will replace it under warranty, just send it in with the receipt. No big deal until I tear my shop apart and CANNOT find the #$@(&** receipt anywhere.... STRIKE 3!!

My frustration level has hit it's limit. I'm just not going to spend the measly extra $90 to replace the nose gear unit so I'm putting it up for sale. I have a couple of 30% birds I'm flying the snot out of now and just cant get myself to get the Habu back up and running.

The airframe has had some minor damage to the rear wheel mounts and were repaired with epoxy and glass cloth before the metal retracts were installed. There is one small chip in the paint near the rudder on the left side (seen in one of the pics). The interior of the battery compartment was painted with light weight speckle paint to jazz it up a bit, it looks really cool! All of the servo wires were custom made to length to keep the clutter inside the canopy and wings to a minimum. The stock thrust tube was cracked on my kit when I got it so I made one out of black poster board, it looks good on the exhaust end and has held up very well. All stickers were removed from the airframe to make it look different than the others at the field. And as much as it sucks I never got to run it on 7s other than in my garage to do some testing. The difference between the thrust on 6s and 7s is simply amazing...I SOOO wish I could of flown it this way......... One of the 7s sets has 2 cycles on them from garage testing. The other set is new still with the factory connectors on the packs. I changed the others over to 6mm bullets. I have 4 other 6s packs but want to keep them for another big bird in my shop. For the right offer they might be for sale too.

So, buy the power package and servos or buy it complete, it's up to you. I'd really rather not ship it and local pickup is preferred but if your willing to pay for the shipping I'll see what I can do.

AS IT SITS, with everything listed above I'd like to get $800.

Buyer pays shipping. Due to the nature of used RC equipment this is an as is sale. I would prefer local inspection and pickup in 61264 so you can see the jet first hand. I'm not a frequent trader here on these forums but have been trading on e-Bay since 2001 and have 100% positive feedback under the username "extramx". Payment by paypal or CASH if in person. For fastest response you can send e-mail to triumphtwins@yahoo.com or through the RC Groups system. First Come First Serve! I'll leave it on here for about a week. If I cant a good price for it I plan to trade it off to a local member for another 30% plane he has that I want.
triumphtwins is offline Find More Posts by triumphtwins
Last edited by triumphtwins; Mar 30, 2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Lowered Price!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, WV, Huntington
Joined Nov 2005
50 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Habu32

Do you still have the Tam Jets struts. Shoot me a price.
raptor30se is offline Find More Posts by raptor30se
Closed Thread