HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:15 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
Very true, but every one that I have bought either directly from them or through their ebay listing includes the mount, screws, prop adapters....

Scott
So have mine, but there doesn't seem to be any indication (one way or another)that this will continue. I have some motors on order now from Miaimi and will post what they include when I get them. All previous motors have had complete mount hardware.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:49 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
I can never tell from the leaders hobby or leaders ebay ads if the prop adapter/mount is included?
I had the same question but after ordering a few motors, they always included the prop adapter/mount.
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:54 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
Do we have hard data to prove that they out-perform Hackers [head-to-head tests on a dyno?], or proof that their quality of machining is better, or their windings are neater, or their longevity is better than AXI?
I was the owner of Hurricane Flight Systems. We produced the STORM motors. In my initial visits to China to all of the factories including those who make Hacker in Shenzhen and AXI in Zuhai, I found the quality control, cleanliness, attention to detail, accuracy of machining, etc. etc. etc. to be FAR SUPERIOR to the others at the factory we finally decided to on to make our motors. Our STORM motors were upgraded versions of the EMP motors with superior bearings and magnets. We initially tested the stock EMP motors and found them to be superior in power and quality to Hacker and AXI. We spent a lot of time and money to make these determinations.

I was asked personally by the owner of Hacker "How do you get so much power out of your motors"

Hurricane Flight Systems was shut down a couple of years ago due to other issues. The products were top notch.

I don't wish to belabor this discussion any further and won't answer baited questions and bashing from devotees of Hacker and AXI. If you like their motors and they're working for you, then good for you. I don't suggest in any way that you change.

BTW, not all of the Turnigy motors are made by the same company that makes EMP.
Last edited by sailr; Apr 07, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:03 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
Thank you for the information on the Storm motors... as I said I'm not necessarily a devotee of Hacker or Axi (I've had several of each, but now I own only one Axi). I've tested dozens of brands of motors and am always interested to see any new products which can be shown to be an improvement upon the established order.

Cheers, Phil
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:05 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
896 Posts
If I ever get around to it, I'll put remaining stock of the STORM motors in the for sale section. We sold the motors for three years and NEVER had a failure or warranty situation with them.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
330 Posts
I have the EDF version. They call for 4s which is a good thing, But by being so in-expensive I put a 5s on one of my planes and Whoa Baby! No heat. Esc was warm not hot and I made my StarMax F-117 Kick Ass. So now I have Five Now,lol.
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:12 PM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in ILM View Post
So have mine, but there doesn't seem to be any indication (one way or another)that this will continue. I have some motors on order now from Miaimi and will post what they include when I get them. All previous motors have had complete mount hardware.
I just received 1 4260-500 ($9.57) and 3 2836-1120 ($6.65 ea) all had the mounting hardware. This was from the Miami warehouse and shipping was $7.90.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
330 Posts
Can you put the Miami Location Info on here?
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Can you put the Miami Location Info on here?
http://leaderhobby.com/listmiami.asp

Just go through the pages. The same size motor will show up on different pages with different prices.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
750 Posts
@ RICH,
"... pages with different prices"
i noticed that last time i was there looking at the la warehouse list. i didn't check specs on them but, if they are the same motor why the multiple listings makes me wonder if there are different grades of the same motor or what. it scared me off last time i was there. right now the la warehouse has motors starting @ $2.95 and until you get into the 40mm or bigger motors they are all pretty much under $10.
hope the 1st hurries up and gets here. (disability payday)

thanks,
michael clyde
mchldpy is online now Find More Posts by mchldpy
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:00 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchldpy View Post
@ RICH,
"... pages with different prices"
i noticed that last time i was there looking at the la warehouse list. i didn't check specs on them but, if they are the same motor why the multiple listings makes me wonder if there are different grades of the same motor or what. it scared me off last time i was there. right now the la warehouse has motors starting @ $2.95 and until you get into the 40mm or bigger motors they are all pretty much under $10.
hope the 1st hurries up and gets here. (disability payday)

thanks,
michael clyde
I am using the $9 4260-500 (Miami Warehouse) in a 60 inch Starbird and it has been fine. I have been using the same motor in a Katana S for quite some time and it has been fine also.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:53 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
750 Posts
does anybody,
have an explanation why motors are listed on several pages with different prices it doesn't even have to be a good explanation. i do know emp has "n" series motors and some others that are red also, not sure what the "gold" or the "black" motors designation or quality is. i've never actually seen this info anywhere. when you ask about it people will answer a different question than the one you asked.

thanks,
michael clyde
mchldpy is online now Find More Posts by mchldpy
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
Tucson
Joined Nov 2009
941 Posts
I'm staying away from them. I bought 2 42-60 (about 900 watt), and one of them was definitely a reject. This was from leadershobby.

I am very pleased with the leadershobby Power 46 (2300 watt). I have bought 4 of these in the last year and a half, had no failures, and power is fantastic for a 5-7lb plane. Usual price in $40, but they were just on sale for $18.
wuest3141 is offline Find More Posts by wuest3141
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined May 2005
32 Posts
Just picked up two from eBay... Quick shipping. Bought on Friday and was at my door Monday. I snagged an EMP 3530 1400kv 460w and an EMP 3530 1700kv 460w for under $15 for both SHIPPED!

Both came with motor mount and spinner and all hardware.

The interesting thing is that there are no more listed on eBay as of this posting at least from the U.S. location. I guess I lucked out and bid in the middle of the day. (Starting bid was .99 cents)

Interested to see how well these perform. Gonna hook them up to my wattmeter for some specs.
Pantseatflyer is offline Find More Posts by Pantseatflyer
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:27 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Yeah last week there was a bunch of auctions for outrunners and now there are just a few and alot of buy it now.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923