Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,675 Posts
Discussion
How accurate are AMA Event dates?

Wanted to know how accurate the AMA dates have been in the past, will be doing some traveling this summer
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Last edited by erh7771; Mar 30, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
USA, TX, Corinth
Joined Aug 2010
62 Posts
AMA event dates are usually posted by the hosting club, so aside from weather conditions they are pretty accurate.

Dan
DanVI is offline Find More Posts by DanVI
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:08 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,463 Posts
AMA event dates are actually requested by the host club and coordinated and approved through the appropriate AMA District event coordinator before the sanction is issued and the event posted in the AMA calender on line and in the magazine. I have never seen a date in error over the last 30-40 years.

However, some events do get cancelled from time to time...flooding, weather and other uncontrollable circumstances. I would touch base with the CD before travelling to an event a long ways away. The CD contact info is usually in the event posting.

Popular events usually get some discussion here on RCG and that is the best venue for last minute updates, besides the CD.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
The informatio. Is only as accurate as the info the club sent in. Usually it's pretty good but sometimes they make a mistake.
A prime example of this is this years "Western States Electric Fun Fly". At Apollo XI field in Encino. It's listed as being the weekend of the sixth. But it's actually the weekend of the twenty second. Oops.
If I'm looking to go to an event I'll check out the clubs home page and/or call the contact person just to be sure.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:49 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwreck View Post
Hey now,
The informatio. Is only as accurate as the info the club sent in. Usually it's pretty good but sometimes they make a mistake.
A prime example of this is this years "Western States Electric Fun Fly". At Apollo XI field in Encino. It's listed as being the weekend of the sixth. But it's actually the weekend of the twenty second. Oops.
If I'm looking to go to an event I'll check out the clubs home page and/or call the contact person just to be sure.
RobII
I can only go by the hundreds of events I have been to and the several dozens of events I have Cded over the last 40 years....zero errors with them..
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
Even going back to the days when the listings were in AAM I can only remember three or four mistakes. And that's over like fourty plus years. So it's a pretty good ratio.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwreck View Post
Hey now,
Even going back to the days when the listings were in AAM I can only remember three or four mistakes. And that's over like fourty plus years. So it's a pretty good ratio.
RobII
Cool, I can make plans based off of them then...

Thx everyone
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771