HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by unclegeorge, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Feb 2005
17 Posts
Trader Rating: 190
Sold
NEW ITEM-NIB-Gas engine the size of a .40 glow-Save money by not buying Glow Fuel!

Gas Engine the size of a .40 size engine! Cheaper fuel; same power! I have only 6 engines left out of the 10. I should have bought more!!!
Quit buying expense Glow Fuel, get the same size as a.40 Glow engine that burns Gas!
Here is your chance to get a small compact Gas engine the same size as an OS Max .46 Glow engine that burns Gasoline. The engine will pay for itself the first year!
Remember to burn gas WITHOUT ethanol or get a marine gas treatment that takes it out to save the O-Rings and Diaphragm pump in this engine.
Take a really close look at the pictures and the specs and you’ll get as excited as I did when I discovered it.
This is a new generation of small gas quality engine, it combines the advantages of both Nitro and gasoline engines, compact in size, light weight, fuel economy, reliable and powerful.
GT9 Engine Type: Gasoline Two-stroke, Air Cooled
Displacement (cc): 9.07cc
Bore x stroke (mm): 23.35 x 21.2
Carburetor: NGH made 60G needle with pump membrane
Max output: 0.8HP@15000RPM
RPM Range: 2600-15000RPM
Ignition: Auto advanced Rcexl DC-CDI with special spark plug cap
Spark plug type: 1/4 x 32 Rcexl
Ignition Power: 4.8V
Lubrication Oil: 2 cycle engine Oil API TC/JASO FD or better specs. (Mobil + M2T)
Break-in fuel oil ratio: 20:1 (5%)
General use fuel: 25:1 (4%) (Oil percentage can not less than 4%)
Recommended propellers: 10 x 6 to 12x6 (two blades)
Weight: 425g (without ignition)
545g complete
See this engine fly a PT-19
PT19 Ngh 9cc (5 min 58 sec)
!

1.Size: same as .52 glow engine size
2.Mount: beam-mount
3.Carb: special smaller carb with pump and regulator by NGH
4.Muffler: special smaller anodized Pitts-style muffler with Black
5.Plug: 1/4*32 NGK
6.Exploded: almost same as a .52 glow engine. just extra special carb, muffler, CDI and Plug, and special pump regulator (not shown in the picture)
7.Use Airplane: almost same use for .52 glow engine with 40 size airplane!

I will sell this engine NIB for $169 plus $12 shipping by priority mail inside the US with confirmation and tracking number.

Please give me your mailing address and please refer to the item you are buying in the “Subject line” along with your mailing address in your Pay Pal purchase. My account in Pay Pal is under uncgeorge@comcast.net

Uncle George
unclegeorge is offline Find More Posts by unclegeorge
Last edited by unclegeorge; Apr 03, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Trader Rating: 95
Have you tried running it without the pump when the tank is mounted close to the engine?
viflyer is offline Find More Posts by viflyer
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Feb 2005
17 Posts
It has to have a pump or it will not run. This is a gas engine not a glow engine.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Really, it's a gas engine??? Duh, I didn't know that thanks for the tip.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Fly it or get rid of it
United States, NC, Reidsville
Joined Oct 2005
145 Posts
Trader Rating: 65
Paypal sent for the NGH GT 09 gas engine.

Thanks,

James
JRAllen is offline Find More Posts by JRAllen
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by viflyer View Post
Really, it's a gas engine??? Duh, I didn't know that thanks for the tip.
obvious troll is obvious
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Oct 2003
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
obvious troll is obvious
That's funny considering I had a question about the engine. And what was YOUR question about??? Seems like YOU fit the Troll definition to a tee.

AND, I had a reason for asking the question. It is possible that the carb mounted on the engine is adequate and has it's own PUMP IF the tank is located near the motor but needs the aditional pump if mounted farther away.

The Saito 14 has it's own pump and they recommned the tank be mounted close to the motor LIKE A GLO ENGINE.

This motor appears to have a split Walbro type carb that needs the pump to work properly and allows for mounting the smaller half on a smaller motor.

I was hoping that that the motor might operate wi the mounted carb alone for a weight/space savings.

But HECK, I am just a troll right?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2005
17 Posts
Remember there are alot of different arrangement by other manufacture and what works for one does not work for others. Saving 3 ounces of weight just doesn't seem worth the risk. You can go ahead and try it on a beach run but the venturi effect and fuel draw does not appear the be adequite when the engineer designed a pump to get the fuel to the carb under pressure. Relying on the fuel to be suck in with a pressurized tank is the down fall to most glow engine where the fuel tank placement is critical. The use of a pump elminates the need of the placement. The tank can be about or below the needle valve position that is why there is a pump. The Walbro system has worked on my gas engine for years. That is why I left glow in went to gas 20 years ago. Let me know if it works.
Uncle George
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
Fly it or get rid of it
Joined Oct 2005
145 Posts
Did you receive payment for the engine?

James
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Feb 2005
17 Posts
Yes I did, thank you. I will ship as soon as Pay Pal hits my bank next week.
Uncle George
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,363 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
viflyer, the NGH engine's carb is actually a floatless carb design. It has a diaphragm and valve in it to control the amount of fuel going into the carb. The external fuel pump is needed to provide some positive fuel pressure flow to the carb.

I was mightily tempted to pull the trigger on this myself, but I had just received one a week before George put his up for sale.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:18 PM
Fly it or get rid of it
Joined Oct 2005
145 Posts
Thanks, Can't wait to get it. Putting it on a Great Planes Pete N Poke. So cool to put gas on a plane like this........

Jamie
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
Fly it or get rid of it
Joined Oct 2005
145 Posts
Has the engine shipped yet. I'm showing payment to be complete/

Jamie
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Feb 2005
17 Posts
Engines was shipped today with confirmation and a tracking #0311-0820-0001-8049-0935 by priority Mail from the Glenn Garry USPO a www.usps.com.
Uncle George
Closed Thread