HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Hi clinth01

nice going on that one! You repaired it very nicely.
Fortunately (or not ) my version is the 70mm one and has no retracts on it. So no need to spend money on those!
I can not take the landing gear out 'cause I usually fly it on a tarmac runway at a Portuguese Air Force Base near its big brother, the real 1:1 AJ!
I hope to increase its flight roster as much as you have since yours got grounded. Thanks for the photos. It really is a very beautiful bird up in the air!

Todd, I really had to install those c.f. rods 'cause that hot water re-expanded EPO got more flexible and weak.
The hinge was made by cutting two small slots at the tails vertical center line and installing a plastic hinge on each.

Tonight I'll take a more detailed photo and upload it here so you can see how I've done it.
PsicoPete is offline Find More Posts by PsicoPete
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:02 PM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Clint, that looks really amazing. Could never tell she's been wrecked. Good Job!

Pete, thanks for that info. Last night I almost bought a new fuselage from a shop in the UK. Only $61. But, the shipping was $129!

Todd
Prowler901 is offline Find More Posts by Prowler901
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Hey guys,

as promised here are the pics of the ruder hinge.

Nice flights to you.

Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Thanks Pete. How did you mount the servo?

Todd
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Hi Todd,

here you go:

That's how I mounted the rudder servo. Used a scalpel to open the servo hole and glued it with a little bit of epoxy. The cable fits nicely under the vertical stabilizer mount and passed through the fuse right up to the receiver in front.

Here is another shot. Never mind the gap between the stabilizer and fuselage 'cause when I took the shot the stab. wasn't screwed in place.

And there she is almost ready to cruise the blue skies again! The weather as been lousy with nice warm sun but lots of wind so she'll just have to wait a bit more...

Pete
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Wow! Great repair job Pete. She's ready to rock-n-roll again. I hope you get some good weather soon. Thanks for the rudder details. Looks nice and easy.

Todd
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Hi guys,

here are some more photos to show how she is.

How's your coming Todd, any luck on ever repairing it or is it a total loss?

Why don't you try to contact FMS to see if they've got any info on were to buy a replacement fuse? Or even HobbyKing to see if they've got any...

Pete

Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
USA, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2007
1,230 Posts
Looks great Pete.

I went through all the parts I picked up. Turns out I'm missing several. The grass where she crashed was very thick. So, I must've missed them out there. And, since then the farmer has come in and cut the grass. So, they're goners for sure now.

My next plan is to contact FMS and HobbyKing as you have suggested.

Good luck on your repair check flight.

Todd