Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by nick_ca, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Wanted
northern california - 1.5m to 2m electric sailplane/floater - radian, easy star, etc.

I'm looking for a lightly used (not abused) slow/floater/thermal ship to play with on lunch break at work. A radian (pro or not), easy star, or equivalent type plane would be perfect. I don't care if it's had light, good repairs but I don't want an epoxy lead sled.

an airframe+motor+esc+servos would be perfect, but will consider any configuration.

I'm in the roseville area, regularly commute between roseville and fairfield along I80 and to elk grove area as well.
nick_ca is offline Find More Posts by nick_ca
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Check craigslist - a guy has been advertising an easy glider for a few months, and last week there was a Radian for sale.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Oct 2010
360 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Pick up a DLG. You can throw them up in any park or field and have a blast. Since you drive between Roseville and Fairfield, the Pena Adobe park just past Vacaville is a great place to slope soar! And the SVSS thermal club is off of Mace Blvd in Davis.
Shawn in NorCal is offline Find More Posts by Shawn in NorCal
Last edited by Shawn in NorCal; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
Here's the one I was thinking of http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tag/2883157289.html
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
the easy glider is somewhat interesting, but the reviews aren't all that kind to it especially compared to a radian. (It looks like the radian on craigslist is sold/gone).

DLG isn't much my style and I don't have the back for it anyways. Definitely need something motorized but which is still light enough to be slow.

thanks for the suggestions!! still looking
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
RC Country is having their big swap meet in about 3 weeks if you can wait.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
good point. If i don't find something by then, I'll check out the swap meet.

in the meantime..still looking!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, CA, San Joaquin
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Gabby for sale

I have a 2m Gabby-E that is missing the Carbon wing spar joiner to and if I can't find a replacement spar I will be forced to sell it to someone who wants a fully ready (servos, motor, ESC, and rx) just add battery and the spar. It has a brushless geared setup and CF prop. Its actually blue and white and the spar went missing when I had my radio box stolen. I was looking for a replacement spar but I had bought this from Nesail.com back in 2009 and they won't respond to me about locating a replacement wing joiner and I don't have the means to just make one.

Here are the specs on it.

Wingspan 78.74 in.
Wingarea 511 in²
Weight 26-32 oz.
Wingloading 8 - 9 oz/ft²
Airfoil Drela AG41/AG42/AG43
Motor Small Geared Brushless Motor
Battery 3-4 cell 1200-2100 mah Li-Poly
matthigg is offline Find More Posts by matthigg
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
I think NSP is actually out of business; not surprised that they won't get back to you about the spar. I still have a 2m Kestrel from NSP - great plane, won a few contests with it; it's been hibernating in my garage for at least a decade awaiting a new club membership to get on a winch and go flying.

Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to find/replace/fabricate that spar; and the Gabby is probably a lot more plane than I really need for a lunchtime diversion that I can leave at work.

Still looking.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
bump

hard to believe nobody has a radian sitting around they want to get rid of!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Mar 2002
32 Posts
Went to the swap. Got there at 7am. No radian to be found! A few slow sticks but they were beat.

Still looking...
Old May 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
Break, fix, fly, break again
United States, PA, Royersford
Joined Apr 2012
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
I have a Radian

I have a Radian that I purchased a week ago. I flew it last weekend. Great plane that wants to go! I have limited space to fly around here and would consider selling. How muCh are you looking to invest in a Radian? I paid $250 for her.
SkyPirate67 is offline Find More Posts by SkyPirate67