HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:01 PM
boonah qld australia
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
Discussion
Coffs Harbour Slope Soaring Sites

Hi all,
heading down to the Coffs/Nambucca region over the Easter weekend.
Hoping to do a spot of slope soaring.
Anyone know of some good spots?
Cheers
Shane
soargasm is offline Find More Posts by soargasm
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:18 PM
Australia (Newcastle)
Joined Mar 2009
611 Posts
Not a lot in the area. Gallows is your best bet, winds of S-SE with a Northerly option also.
Go to the Coffs harbour jetty area and go to the Southern end. Quarry end, Gallows beach carpark looks SE, the headland/quarry just to the East of the carpark is about the best of a very limited region. Some other headlands are OK, but harder to get to. Small slope is closest to the carpark for South winds. Keep walking up and around to the bigger stepper SE slope with the quarry at the back, which has DS opportunity if your game. Possible to fly a Northerly from the same location facing the quarry side, but not as smooth.

Not many pedestrians to worry about either, but please fly safe as council is likely to ban the area if safety proves to be an issue.

I have some you tube clips featuring the site if that helps (youtube channel "cleansurf2").
cleansurf2 is offline Find More Posts by cleansurf2
Last edited by cleansurf2; Mar 31, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cliff
Australia, QLD, Pacific Paradise
Joined Oct 2011
371 Posts
Woolgoolga headland north of Coffs has a nice south to east site.Was east south east when I flew there.The south east to south section looked as though it would be great for rc or pg.
16141 is offline Find More Posts by 16141
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:18 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
15 Years ago i lived at the marina for 8 weeks and wondered about loping muttonbird island. is it allowed? seems a logical place.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:58 AM
boonah qld australia
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
thanks guys sounds like there's a few places around.
had a look on Google earth and it seems like there's some reasonable spots around Macksville, Nambucca area as well which is where i'll be staying. hoping to have a look at your suggestions as well

Shane
soargasm is offline Find More Posts by soargasm
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:31 AM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,535 Posts
Main Beach, Nambucca, i fly my Paraglider there and the lift stacks up incredibly 'cos of the vertical bowlfacing the Northeast, is good from East all the way round to NNE.
skymaxy is offline Find More Posts by skymaxy