Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
Leaf On The Wind
United States, WI, Green Bay
Joined Dec 2011
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Discussion
What do you think of Trader Talk?

I haven't been a member here for very long, so I hope this hasn't been done to death, but I just thought I'd get some opinions.

Even though it seems to produce a lot of dead horse beatings and threads where people are called out as scammers prematurely, I still like the whole concept of the "Trader Talk" section. It's nice to know that if you have major issues with another member, you can make them known publicly, so that others can be forewarned.

I'm also a member on another RC site, and I had a trade issue a while back with a member. Calling somebody out is against their rules, so other than possibly giving them bad feedback, you're pretty much SOL. I would have liked to have warned people about my terrible experience. (actually I did, but the thread was deleted because it violated the "don't call people out rule")

What does everybody else think of Trader Talk? Is it good to have open discussion about bad experiences, or does it breed more problems than it solves?

P.S. I know Trader Talk isn't just used to air out grievances and report scammers, but I suppose that's the part that I'm focusing on.
Hoban Washburne is offline Find More Posts by Hoban Washburne
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Trader Rating: 150
Personally....I love it
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:16 PM
North of the Golden Gate
Joined Sep 2004
276 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Yep, Trader Talk does have its place!

silvaire is offline Find More Posts by silvaire
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Trader Rating: 150
Shoot I forgot.....pass it down silvaire....thanks

Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
there's alotta attackers on here........this gives them another venue.
Usually you see the same ones ganging up after someone posts a complaint.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Mar 2010
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
YUP !! ..it's reading enjoyment .at it's finest
53"SuperGator is offline Find More Posts by 53"SuperGator
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
sometimes! lol
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
It is truly my source of entertainment. It is quite ridiculous some of the things posted on this section. That being said, it can be quite helpful in figuring out new scams, people not to deal with etc.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
[QUOTE=racie34;21170985]there's alotta attackers on here........this gives them another venue.
Usually you see the same ones ganging up after someone posts a complaint.[/QU

glad to see someone else realizes this. they lurk the threads looking for trouble and know " NOTHING ABOUT THE FACTS ! now if they were actually thier and witnessed the situation might have something constructive to say, but most times thier just blowin smoke and have nothin better to do and admin is no better for letting it go on ! thiers always some in every crowd and very typical of this site. sorry the OP has see this garbage goin on
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
[QUOTE=lectroglide;21171782]
Quote:
Usually you see the same ones ganging up after someone posts a complaint.[/QU

t sure! and glad to see someone else relizes this. they lurk the threads looking for trouble and know " NOTHING ABOUT THE FACTS ! now if they were actually thier and witnessed the situation might have something constructive to say, but most times thier just blowin smoke and have nothin better to do ,thiers always some in every crowd and very typical of this site
Now THAT is funny....

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
glad to see someone else realizes this. they lurk the threads looking for trouble and know " NOTHING ABOUT THE FACTS ! now if they were actually thier and witnessed the situation might have something constructive to say, but most times thier just blowin smoke and have nothin better to do and admin is no better for letting it go on ! thiers always some in every crowd and very typical of this site. sorry the OP has see this garbage goin on[/QUOTE]

Trader talk has it's place.

Many times though people start a thread calling people scammers, frauds, and cheats, then give partial information about why they feel that way. Of course other members come in and ask for more details, then offer their opinion. Sometimes the OP takes that information and does something usefull with it, other times they get defensive and angry when they don't find that everyone agrees with them. Sometimes the other party in the transaction gets involved, and all of the information comes out. Sometimes things get ironed out and everyone is happy. Sometimes. I like those threads the best.

Also love seeing threads about potential new trading partners and companies where I can spend my secret slush fund.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:42 PM
AMA# 980507
United States, FL, Loxahatchee
Joined Feb 2011
319 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Cloudflying knows exactly whats its like to get ganged up on .

Good to see you dude .
Th3UmBrA is offline Find More Posts by Th3UmBrA
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
I think its a great forum....even when someone does bring up something that has been previously chewed on..does bother me a bit see some say its been talked about time and time again...Blah Blah Blah...What those guys don't take into count is ya have new members gittin involved ..and they have no clue to whats been talked bout in the times they weren't involved....and don't know how to Navigate the system..heck i been here a few years and still don't know the ropes...there is a lot of Info that comes to the table here...So I thinks its a good thing.....Billy..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3UmBrA View Post
Cloudflying knows exactly whats its like to get ganged up on .

Good to see you dude .
Wasnt sure when to poke my head out of the sand....
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
It definitely has it's place because it's the only way for people to put these scammers out in the open. I have seen some premature accusations, for sure, but the thread usually clearly shows that. And, people that realize they were wrong often delete the thread or change the title.

P.S. Just for future reference... THERE, THEIR, and THEY'RE all have different meanings.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount