HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Murocflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Dec 2005
12 Posts
Off topic but one more thing. I stopped useing fm radios in 2005 when I was lucky enough to get a spektrum dx6 from a "friend in the biz" and I have used spektrum radios exclusively ever since. In all of that time and on DX6,7(old) 7s, and 8 using every reciever they sell, not once have I ever had a "brown out". I truely believe that problem is caused by people making sub function changes and not rebinding with the reciever, or useing microlight recievers in big birds or carbon framed heli's trying to save a buck. DO NOT DO THAT!
Jimbolina1 is offline Find More Posts by Jimbolina1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
Thanks for the feeback on the RC flight Sims Jim. We appreciate that.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
I picked up RF 6 at the RCX yesterday. They were selling them so cheap it was impossible to pass up. When get it installed, I'll be sure to do a review on it.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
What'd you pay for it?
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I picked up RF 6 at the RCX yesterday. They were selling them so cheap it was impossible to pass up. When get it installed, I'll be sure to do a review on it.

Frank
Congrats. I think you're going to like it. While you're at it, pick up some of the models on the swap pages.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
203 Posts
I haven't tried it, but there are PPM modules that take 6-7 channels of R/C input, and generate the PPM signal. Used mostly for Quads, but I'll bet it could be used to generate the PPM "buddy" signal needed by a SIM.

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos36 View Post
The cable that you have for the transmitter is to connect to a computer to program the transmitter only and is not for use as a sim cable...if the transmitter DOES NOT have a seperate trainer port...then it can't be used as a sim transmitter...Your best bet is to purchase an inexpensive dedicated USB dummy transmitter box for sim use...Please note that in most cases..if windows does not see the device as a game controller it WILL NOT work with the sims such as Clearview, RCDP, FMS.

Murocflyer- You may want to also add Clearview SE under the free list of sims...it is totally free, has a limited number of models...but models can be purchased or you can upgrade to the full version. Nicely done Murocflyer...I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "which is the best" debate.

Ken
KM6VV is offline Find More Posts by KM6VV
Old May 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
685 Posts
I have the RealFlight sim. I practiced for flying my Flyzone Sensei using the Nextstar EP,
and the Sensei handled the same way in actual flight. My question is how do the ducted fans
in real life handle compared to their sim turbine counterparts? I'm fixing to fly an 55MM A-4,
and the swaps for it have a handlaunched/nogear, and a landing gear one that you have to
cycle the gear quickly to get it to take off.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old May 19, 2012, 03:32 AM
rathishb
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Copyright infringement. It is temporarily hidden while rathishb edits it.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Last edited by jeffpn; May 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
RF 6 First Impressions

Now that my final exam is complete, I finally had the chance to upload my RF 6 RC flight simulator. Here is how it went.

1010 Inserted DVD
1018 Install complete

1019 Direct X update
1019 Direct X complete

1022 Plugged in controller into USB port
1025 Registration started
1029 Registration complete, new launcher updates started
1034 Updates complete

1036 Mega Pack disc installed
1038 Mega Pack complete

So now it was play time!

RF 6 defaulted to Carl Henson Field which I think is located here. How coll would it be to have your home field featured on RF6?!

The airplane that was defaulted was a Thunderbolt Sbach 35%. That airplane makes me look like a great pilot.

Initial thoughts are the graphics are outstanding and the color and background is very sharp and clear. I'll post some screen shots when I get the chance.

That's it for now. I have chores I need to do, but I will post some more thoughts about RF6 when I get the chance to fly, I mean play , more.

I also need to buy a HDMI cable so i can use my TV instead of the PC monitor. That should be a lot more fun.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
I think you'll be very happy with it. Try out some of the swap page models. Some of them are really good. There isn't anything the knife edge modelers can do that the customers can't. And the people creating the user community models don't have to worry about sticking within a time/$$$ budget. Some of these models have 100-200 hours of work in them.

I don't know your interests but this is a real nice model of the corsair:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16324

Here is one of the space shuttle for something off the beaten track:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16523

Here is a very nice Curtis Shrike done by Jeffpn who posts here from time to time:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16226
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old May 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madratter View Post
I think you'll be very happy with it. Try out some of the swap page models. Some of them are really good. There isn't anything the knife edge modelers can do that the customers can't. And the people creating the user community models don't have to worry about sticking within a time/$$$ budget. Some of these models have 100-200 hours of work in them.

I don't know your interests but this is a real nice model of the corsair:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16324

Here is one of the space shuttle for something off the beaten track:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16523

Here is a very nice Curtis Shrike done by Jeffpn who posts here from time to time:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16226
Thanks for the links! I definitely have plenty of planes to choose from with the regular ones and the inlcuded Mega Pack, but will check those out soon. I hooked up our 36" TV with an HDMI cable to our PC so I am really enjoying the Sim and the large view.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
Having a really great time using RF6 and I am wondering if I start changing a bunch of settings, is there a way I can just click on something that will change it back to the way it was when I originally installed it? Or is that not possible.

One more question. Does RF6 have an Easy Star with ailerons as a download? I am going to be getting an EZ* II and I'd like to have my son practice on it before it is avialable here in the states.

Thanks,

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
As far as stock aircraft, edits must be saved under a new name. You cannot screw up stock aircraft physics. For custom aircraft, you could just reinstall the original file to get back to square one. The editor does have a revert button, but it only goes back to the last save. Not really useful, since you can't fly the model without saving the physics.

Here's a link to the RF swap pages. You can look for models there. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php
Old May 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,732 Posts
Thanks for the info Jeff. And I also found that there is a default setting on some of the drop downs.

Frank
RCG Plus Member