HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you think the people who voted "No Option" have a legitimate argument?
No 6 60.00%
Yes 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,818 Posts
:roll eyes:
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,261 Posts
It is time for you to switch to OPEN SOURCE SW Then you can make it whatever you want?

Sadly, there is none that I am aware for YOUR current transmitter

Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
It is time for you to switch to OPEN SOURCE SW Then you can make it whatever you want?

Sadly, there is none that I am aware for YOUR current transmitter

Scott
Well, all we want is the option to make the "Inactivity Alarm" user configurable, so simple really. What is really alarming (pun intended) is the lack of answers as to why it isnt. Also it was changed from 10 minutes to 5 minutes again with no explanation.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:57 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
Please don't buy the DX18. It has inactivity alarm and it's options you won't like. Pleased don't buy a DX18, you won't be able to see the trims.

However I hear the 18MZ owners will welcome you with open arms but since I used to be on your friends list, I removed myself long time ago I will warn you there are some complaints about the 18mz doing some weird stuff.

Not going to wasted time in voting here and then have you critique my vote.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:44 PM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Please don't buy the DX18. It has inactivity alarm and it's options you won't like.
Well, the "inactivity alarm" on the DX18 is configurable (including being able to turn it off).

It seems that this is just another case of creating a intentionally flawed product so that users will "upgrade" to fix a flaw that need not have existed in the first place.

It is bad enough that Spektrum foisted a buggy, poorly tested radio on an unsuspecting public, but now they expect users to spend more money just to not be annoyed to death. There is no good reason that the "inactivity alarm" should not be configurable.

Quote:
However I hear the 18MZ owners will welcome you with open arms but since I used to be on your friends list, I removed myself long time ago I will warn you there are some complaints about the 18mz doing some weird stuff.
Well, they sure didn't welcome me with open arms. It might have had something to do with me pointing out that the 18MZ lacked options that sub-$1000 radios have.
grumpy42 is offline Find More Posts by grumpy42
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,176 Posts
Quote:
Please don't buy the DX18. It has inactivity alarm and it's options you won't like. Pleased don't buy a DX18, you won't be able to see the trims.

How did you gain your knowledge on the DX18?
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:15 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:

I will decide ultimately if I am going to complete my DX18 "Preorder", I am buying from Horizon Hobby so I can always return it like I did with my first DX8, I like options! I think the 18MZ is way over priced, but I bet it is of flawless workmanship. Your vote would not carry much weight with me and the others because you, like some others, fail to explain your reason why DX8 owners do not have the right to configure the alarm the way they wish.

VP
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
... Your vote would not carry much weight with me ... VP
As much as your polls and their results with me. This is probably why your trim crusade got nowhere, not much weight to your concerns.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,792 Posts
Hey Pete,

I'll take your bet - you're gonna regret.

All you need to do is google!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
As much as your polls and their results with me. This is probably why your trim crusade got nowhere, not much weight to your concerns.
I wouldnt say it went nowhere, there are others with the same concerns.

1satnaam, alfasud, AndyKunz, Ashley123, ATK, badger-b, Balsa Breaker, banzi28, basser, beenflying, bigfella65, CallumHeli, Chocky, Danyal, Dylwad, Floater73, flyboy50, FlyHighSelllow, FoamieFlying, grumpy42, howcar, IndyThreeWheel, JRuggiero, keithy4129, kgfly, markusvt, marvei, Merganser, Mikarro, Mr.Buzzy, paidhisdues, Park_aviator, pkquat, RJGE, scottoverland, Storm51, stuart warne, The Tug, Turbotronic, VEGAS_RC_ACE, Veri-Gash, Victory Pete

VP
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Question to:

A10FLYR, freechip, KrisM, RCing

What is the "Legimate Argument" for not allowing DX8 owners to "Configure" the "Inactivity Alarm" as they see appropriate? We have not even got any argument, legimate or otherwise.

VP
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
OK Pete here you go.

It was discussed that because the poll contained only two options some did not feel voting YES was right for them whiles others felt voting NO was not right for them and some just did not vote because of the lack of options.

Instead since you just asked me directly, why don’t you answer this for me?

My very original reason for voting NO other then messing with you and your POLL after the trim thread was and still is this.

I much rather have them work on adding new features how very little it may cost or how very little adding or changing stuff really is, I rather have them work on adding NEW FEATURES then to have them work on CHANGING something that does not affect me.

Now of course plenty of reasons were given why it should be changed BUT frankly the ONLY real reason with any value at least IMO is the one that was given when setting up new heli mechanics BUT even with this reason after setting up multiple time a T-Rex600ESP and a T-Rex700E the tx was never on or inactive long enough to trigger the alarm and if it did a quick simple tap on a stick re-started the timer.

But OK let’s give this reason value, why is this value worth anything more than mine?
Why do you think your reasons for wanting it changed is greater than me wanting NEW stuff added then fixing/changing something that is not broken?

Start with that PETE.

If you come to the right conclusion that they are equally important mine to me and yours to you then all would be civilize. The Poll wasn't enough that you now need to start another question our value of our response or reasoning for it.

You are quite the character my ex-friend.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:06 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
OK Pete here you go.

It was discussed that because the poll contained only two options some did not feel voting YES was right for them whiles others felt voting NO was not right for them and some just did not vote because of the lack of options.

Instead since you just asked me directly, why don’t you answer this for me?

My very original reason for voting NO other then messing with you and your POLL after the trim thread was and still is this.

I much rather have them work on adding new features how very little it may cost or how very little adding or changing stuff really is, I rather have them work on adding NEW FEATURES then to have them work on CHANGING something that does not affect me.

Now of course plenty of reasons were given why it should be changed BUT frankly the ONLY real reason with any value at least IMO is the one that was given when setting up new heli mechanics BUT even with this reason after setting up multiple time a T-Rex600ESP and a T-Rex700E the tx was never on or inactive long enough to trigger the alarm and if it did a quick simple tap on a stick re-started the timer.

But OK let’s give this reason value, why is this value worth anything more than mine. I tell you why for either way.

Why do you think your reasons for wanting it changed is greater than me wanting NEW stuff added then fixing/changing something that is not broken?

Start with that PETE.

If you come to the right conclusion that they are equally important mine to me and yours to you then all would be civilize. The Poll wasn't enough that you now need to start another question our value of our response or reasoning for it.

You are quite the character my ex-friend.
You are right, I will call that "Not Legitimate". Anyone else have an explanation?

VP
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
You are right, I will call that "Not Legitimate". Anyone else have an explanation? VP
Thank You VP for proving my point.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:43 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Thank You VP for proving my point.
Thank you for proving my point.

VP