HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nantwich
Joined Jan 2012
255 Posts
Question
Where do you keep em all?

So, I'm addicted. Despite not having actually flown yet my hangar consists of a Piper Cub (when it arrives) for learning on, a PZ Spit for when I'm more confident and a Stinger 64 EDF for when I'm super-confident and I'm looking at others even now!

My problem is how to store them, where do you guys who have 10+ keep them all?
Do you take the wings off and box them back up when not in use?
Mine are on the garage floor and its only a matter of time until a) I stagger in after a few beers and stand on one, or b) my wife has one of her "moments" where anything of mine becomes invisible to her and she stands on one (or all!)
Hixxer is offline Find More Posts by Hixxer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
Thats a great question. I was wondering the same thing.
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Joined May 2008
349 Posts
I have them hanging from the rafters in my garage, and now that the kids are grown and have left the nest, I have taken over two of their bedrooms.

My Son in Law recently built a new garage and I have some of my overflow planes hanging from the rafters in his garage. He only lives a block from my house so I have easy access.
Oldgzr is offline Find More Posts by Oldgzr
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:17 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,739 Posts
When you start flying the number of planes will decrease remarkably.

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:34 AM
AMA 983978
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2011
200 Posts
I have 10 parkflyer size planes and 10+ um's....I hang the larger planes on my wall, suspended by the tail wheel or nose wheel from picture hooks and wire. the um's sit on stands on top of bookcases.
MikePS is offline Find More Posts by MikePS
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:40 AM
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Joined May 2008
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post
When you start flying the number of planes will decrease remarkably.

howell
Not with me, I can bring them home faster than I can crash them. I'm a sucker for orphaned planes at swap meets. I get more satisfaction fixing up an old plane to be flight worthy again than to build new. Its a lot easier on the wallet too.
Oldgzr is offline Find More Posts by Oldgzr
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgzr View Post
Not with me, I can bring them home faster than I can crash them. I'm a sucker for orphaned planes at swap meets. I get more satisfaction fixing up an old plane to be flight worthy again than to build new. Its a lot easier on the wallet too.
Agree! Sell 1, or crash it, and buy 2!

I have a large "bonus" room, second floor, that is 26x22 with 2 closets and a full bath. There are 2 full sized doors that open to floored attic space. That is mine. My DW (Darling Wife) doesn't even want to come up there. OK, I even vacuum it myself! Good Hubby, huh? Cabinets full-o-parts and lots of room to spread out when I need to.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,334 Posts
they are everywhere.. hanging in the garage, stacked in holders on the walls, hanging from the walls in the house. some retired to my sons room. and some still in boxes. the UM stack on top of each other , but most of mine are large and even sit around on the garage floor. then there's the odd ones. like a parkhawk bird, the paraplane, helicopters, some ships,and planes still in kit form.
my dx7 memory is full, and staring to runout on my 9c. and really thinking abour a dx8 maybe 10
and i'm not a horder.. i sell off the planes that don't interest me and keep the nice ones. the planes are ethier in the box(kits, hard to find) or hard to find planes that need some finishing. NO crashed hulks.
rcshirt is online now Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:41 AM
Beaumont, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,333 Posts
Enough ideas for a lifetime

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...lane%20Storage
Pete Miller is offline Find More Posts by Pete Miller
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,246 Posts
Where do you keep em all ?

Anywhere I can that my wife, son, and dogs, hopefully wont damage them.

And with very little spare room, and a liking for the larger model, it's getting to be a problem.

All ready had to sell some, just to build the Spitfire.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Miller View Post
Link broken.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Anywhere I can that my wife, son, and dogs, hopefully wont damage them.

And with very little spare room, and a liking for the larger model, it's getting to be a problem.

All ready had to sell some, just to build the Spitfire.
Going to do what you do soon... Mine reside in the Garage or the Guest room..... I'm changing my room though, so some may come sleep with me...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
I just ordered a few of these. Link
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,414 Posts
Stack'em... and use those overhead spaces..
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixxer View Post
So, I'm addicted. Despite not having actually flown yet my hangar consists of a Piper Cub (when it arrives) for learning on, a PZ Spit for when I'm more confident and a Stinger 64 EDF for when I'm super-confident and I'm looking at others even now!

My problem is how to store them, where do you guys who have 10+ keep them all?
Do you take the wings off and box them back up when not in use?
Mine are on the garage floor and its only a matter of time until a) I stagger in after a few beers and stand on one, or b) my wife has one of her "moments" where anything of mine becomes invisible to her and she stands on one (or all!)
This rack will hold 10 up to about 60 size planes. That takes care of a little less than half of the fleet. Others that don't see much air time get broke down and stashed anywher they can sit for a while without getting in the way. The smaller foamies hang from the prop on pieces of 3/4" pvc that hang a few inches from the cieling. Bend some coathanger to run through the prop nut and hang them from the pvc. The good thing about the rack is it keeps the planes I fly the most at hand in the garage. When I take the car I'll load 2 in and go. Club event days the whole rack gets loaded then rolled into the trailer for easy transport to the field.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider