HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I think while your in the rebuild process you could use the edge's brother ( 42" slicks) gear. you'd need to put a different type of landing gear block.
For me the whole purpose of the edge is that wire landing gear. It's much more durable for learning harrier landings an such
. Otherwise t as it's the 42" slick is a much nice flyer. Jsut not as pretty and durable than it's brother the little edge
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:51 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I think while your in the rebuild process you could use the edge's brother ( 42" slicks) gear. you'd need to put a different type of landing gear block.
For me the whole purpose of the edge is that wire landing gear. It's much more durable for learning harrier landings an such
. Otherwise t as it's the 42" slick is a much nice flyer. Jsut not as pretty and durable than it's brother the little edge
The only "problem" with the wire gear, is that it would have been best if designed to be replaceable. A lot of people of course follow the instructions and epoxy it in, then if they need to replace it, there is difficulty doing so...not impossible, just difficult.

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 08, 2013, 04:12 AM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
685 Posts
So I'm pretty sure my Buck Huck has 9 lives. It has had one of the wings come loose and crashed at near full throttle(that happened twice), as well as a handful of dead-sticks thanks to forgetting my timer or bad batteries. Just yesterday I can now add landing a plane without an elevator to my list of accomplishments, lol. I was doing some low rollers when I noticed it and immediately went into KE to climb out. Luckily for me the servo was seized and locked with what felt like a few clicks of up trim. After a few seconds rolling and knife edging around trying to get a feel for it, I got it lined up with the runway about 200ft up and managed to slip it all the way in. The nose started to drop right at the end so it ended up nosing in and killing the wood prop and scraping the cowl a little, but other than that, she survived!!! I seriously can't believe the amount of abuse this thing has taken. Granted it's seen it's share of repairs and takes some effort to fly a straight line now, but it's still an awesome little hucking machine!

I just recently added some vortex generators to the wings and also put on the EF SFG's I had from my recently downed 48" EF Edge. Although they're a little over sized, they definitely make the plane track better and add a lot more stability in KE. I know it helped a lot with that emergency landing. And pop tops look really nice :-)
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Oct 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
So I'm pretty sure my Buck Huck has 9 lives. It has had one of the wings come loose and crashed at near full throttle(that happened twice)
Heh I had a wing come loose too. Doesn't fly real well with the wing perpendicular to the direction it's supposed to be. I didn't go in full throttle but did drop from a pretty decent distance because of this. Only had a couple of pieces in the motor box broken, I thought for sure it was going to be totaled.
cardsQC is offline Find More Posts by cardsQC
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
Master of the figure 9
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2004
2,677 Posts
I was working slow but sure on the Edge and then the electronics for my 48" Extra showed up so the Edge is sidelined until the Extra is done. Gotta get the new bird in the air.

However, on Saturday the new motor box for my Edge showed up with on minor problem. The problem; Old Lady could not get it out of our mailbox. As I went to go rescue it I thought; what is wrong with her, why can't she get it out? Then I saw the box; was just large enough to fit in the back but it would not come out the front. But my handy dandy Leatherman came to the rescue.
Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Man
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:01 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,525 Posts
Spektrum guy here. What Rx(s) are other Spektrum users using? Thinking what I have is overkill, so wondering what works well in a model this size?
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys during a prop change I twisted off the prop shaft on my omega 72.
Any suggestions. I don't know if any parts are available for this motor.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:14 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Guys during a prop change I twisted off the prop shaft on my omega 72.
Any suggestions. I don't know if any parts are available for this motor.
Here ya go... Parts listed down the page

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Omega-72g...r_p_15518.html

Woops out of stock...will keep looking.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,030 Posts
Unfortunately, out of stock....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,525 Posts
ADC oos as well...hmmm
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:49 AM
Master of the figure 9
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2004
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Spektrum guy here. What Rx(s) are other Spektrum users using? Thinking what I have is overkill, so wondering what works well in a model this size?
AR6210 in my 41" and 42" birds.
Old Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Man
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,955 Posts
AR 6115e, "park flyer" sized RXs for 3D planes. Don't see any reason to go to a full size for this type of plane. My gliders have full range RXs.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:39 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
It looks like I'm not the only one with a heavy hand. LOL
I'm so glad I didn't sell my Hacker A30-28.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I just switched over to Spektrum from Futaba, so I haven't gotten a rx for my Edge yet. I have a four channel full range that I could run a y harness for the ailerons, but I haven't decided if I want to do that, or just another rx and use the 4channed for something else (I guess I'll have to buy another 4ch. plane ).
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I just switched over to Spektrum from Futaba, so I haven't gotten a rx for my Edge yet. I have a four channel full range that I could run a y harness for the ailerons, but I haven't decided if I want to do that, or just another rx and use the 4channed for something else (I guess I'll have to buy another 4ch. plane ).
I flew my buck huck for a long time with just a simple Hobby King OrangeRX 6-channel receiver with zero issues. I decided to upgrade my to a DSMX reciever and use the orangeRX in a foamy I was building. I use OrangeRX in all my foamys and I'm now using the Spektrum AR6115 in my two 3DHS planes.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee