HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Question
Gens Ace (Hobbypartz.com) restocking time

Hello all,

Just curious how often Hobbypartz.com recieves new stock? The Gens Ace packs I want are out of stock currently and I hope its not going to stay that way for the 30+ days like Hobbyking typically has on certain batteries. I figure everyone is stocking up since the flying season has begun...
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
I suspect a lot of folks would like the definitive answer on this one. I don't know if (A) the manufacturer is not keeping up with demand or (B) the distributors are not ordering enough for the local LHS markets or (C) the big houses such as Hobbypartz don't order enough inventory to supply the market. I figure it is at least one of these reasons if not more. Too bad, Gens Ace is an excellent product but somebody is dropping the ball as far as supply chain management is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
Hello all,

Just curious how often Hobbypartz.com recieves new stock? The Gens Ace packs I want are out of stock currently and I hope its not going to stay that way for the 30+ days like Hobbyking typically has on certain batteries. I figure everyone is stocking up since the flying season has begun...
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Add to the list that way to many RC flyers wait until nice flying weather arrives before ordering their LiPolys for the season.

Back in December stochk levels were much better except for very small 1 and 2S LiPoys as used in micros which many fly indoors or in their yards and local parks,school yards etc...

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,750 Posts
According to one thread I browsed recently, the 6S 3300 (which happens to be the size I'm looking for) went out of stock in November 2011.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
Yeah I am waiting specifically on 6S 3300s as well. A lot of heli pilots are, those are a nice size pack. I called HobbyPartz and they informed me 2-6 weeks, they are waiting on the boat from China right now.
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,084 Posts
I found the supply of 5000 maH 30C 6S Gens Ace packs were not to be found in my local market in December. I was fortunate enough to get an order in to Hobby Partz before the start of Chinese New Year. It was a good thing. January inventories were lousy everywhere, The only house that was selling was one in Asia and they were playing "bait and switch" games with Gens Ace lipos. You ordered Gens Ace and got something else.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,811 Posts
I have been waiting for the 3s1p2200s 25c for a year now.
I would like to find a lipo with the same weight as the tp2100 3s prolight that is more than 1500 mah.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
Wow didnt realize it was this bad! I saw the 3s 5300 pack I wanted in stock about 3 weeks ago, then it went out of stock again. Should have bought it then. I might email them for an update.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
Canada, ON, Thunder Bay District
Joined Apr 2007
721 Posts
GensAce are getting very popular. I just checked and have 25 packs in many different sizes myself. If you want them and they have them then you have to act fast.
Fast Guy is online now Find More Posts by Fast Guy
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,750 Posts
Yesterday, I finally gave up waiting on the Gens Ace and ordered some Sky Lipos that were in-stock. Today I received an email that they are also out of stock though the website still shows them as available. So, apparently, hobbypartz is even more out of stock than the website makes it appear.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:19 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
247 Posts
Anyone know what the charge rates are for the sky lipos? I bought some from hobbypartz and it is not on the packaging and they have not responded to the 2 e-mails I sent.
RCROBBY is online now Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCROBBY View Post
Anyone know what the charge rates are for the sky lipos? I bought some from hobbypartz and it is not on the packaging and they have not responded to the 2 e-mails I sent.
3C. It's been stated by Hobby Partz in one of the promo videos for their Sky Lipo brand.
alexf1852 is offline Find More Posts by alexf1852
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
247 Posts
Thank you very much
RCROBBY is online now Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,256 Posts
What's the deal hobbypartz! they are out of most everything. Anyone have inside info on the next restock?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
What's the deal hobbypartz! they are out of most everything. Anyone have inside info on the next restock?
Probably in the spring so they will have fresh batteries for the summer.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man