SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
This is still confusing. In a normal quad, all props are lifting, lettering is facing up. On the Vtail, I would assume the front 2 motors would be the same as a normal quad, props lifting, lettering facing up.

For the back motors, I think you are stating that the rear props are pushing, meaning the prop lettering is facing down.

All this while observing the CW/CCW directions for a Y4/Vtail.

Correct?
No not correct...
The prop rotation will tell you the way they have to be mounted.
Since if you want to fly they have to push air thru ground.. or you never lift..!
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
a picture is better :
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
719 Posts
I think the confusion is in when a prop is lifting vs. pushing, so let's change the discussion.

In the picture just posted, for the rear motors, is lettering for props facing up? I would think yes, and then like you said direction of rotation guides you on whether you need a CW or CCW prop. It is only potentially confusing when you have a downward facing motor like in this vtail or a Y6, seeing the direction of rotation doesn't tell the whole story unless you state that regardless of motor mount direction, prop lettering is always up.
cquian is offline Find More Posts by cquian
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Yes lettering (extrado) is on the top ( like on a quadri)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,755 Posts
Lettering will never face down... since that way the air would push the copter to the ground..
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
745 Posts
ha ha..

think about this one guys.. Science teacher asked us many many years ago..

When you push down with your hand on a desk .. ( it does not move)

Is your hand pushing on the desk or the desk pushing back at you ?

Anyway.. props "letters" will always face up .. to push\pull the copter skyward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
I think the confusion is in when a prop is lifting vs. pushing, so let's change the discussion.

In the picture just posted, for the rear motors, is lettering for props facing up? I would think yes, and then like you said direction of rotation guides you on whether you need a CW or CCW prop. It is only potentially confusing when you have a downward facing motor like in this vtail or a Y6, seeing the direction of rotation doesn't tell the whole story unless you state that regardless of motor mount direction, prop lettering is always up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi View Post
Yes lettering (extrado) is on the top ( like on a quadri)
flyhigh300 is offline Find More Posts by flyhigh300
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
216 Posts
What is the word on efficiency lost because of the tilted motors? This looks fairly interesting if it behaves just like a tricopter.
Very nice frame, indeed!
Saneless is offline Find More Posts by Saneless
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,251 Posts
hey guys good news and bad. Good, I recieved the Frame today. it is awsome. now for the bad, I am having issues updating the firmware for the naze32. TC e-mailed me what to do, but my computer is giving me issues and I am not getting the options for the fimeware updater, so if anyone here has experience with that let me know. Thanks TC3
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
hey guys good news and bad. Good, I recieved the Frame today. it is awsome. now for the bad, I am having issues updating the firmware for the naze32. TC e-mailed me what to do, but my computer is giving me issues and I am not getting the options for the fimeware updater, so if anyone here has experience with that let me know. Thanks TC3
Naze32 -> AfroFlight?
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Naze32 -> AfroFlight?
Yes, that would be correct
cquian is offline Find More Posts by cquian
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,251 Posts
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, so have not had it pluged into the pc for along time. there was no need . LOL and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:54 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
If you got the AfroFlight working let me know

Thanks
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:56 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,251 Posts
I have an afroboard on my vario copter but it uses mk software the naze 32 is different, it uses the multi wii control panel, but to up date the firmare it is different.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,755 Posts
Quote:
Yes afroflight. but in the firmware demonstrator is not playing nice on my pc. so I may just install my quadrino on the frame for now till I can get it sorted out. and as for multiwii. what is motor place ment on the board. basically I am asking which is motor 1 ,2,3,4, on the frame. and which pin on the multiwii board. I know it goes pin 9, 10, 11 and so on. so is like pin 9 motor 1 or pin 11 motor 4 I just want to make sure everything is hooked up right. it has been along time since I have messed with the multi wii stuff. at the moment my quadrino is on a quad that works perfect with ver 1.8ver2, so have not had it pluged into the pc for along time. there was no need . LOL and I am going to upgrade to 2.0 and use either y4 or vtail config.
Take a look at second post..!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
If your board is this one you have motors numbers. Look at the second post to know how to connect