HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
well after busting a few props and lots of PID adjustments. I got the wobble gone. except on a fast decent which that is going to happen. but My 500mm frame is flying like a champ and I am loving it.
2 VTAILs !!!!!!!
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
I am thinking of building a fleet and taking over with the V-tails. LOL
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
I am thinking of building a fleet and taking over with the V-tails. LOL
I will not complain....!!
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:50 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
I just really like the frame design. it flys really nice once you have your PID's good, My 400mm frame i am using a KK board in Y4 mode and I lowered the Yaw on it and also flys really well. Now I just need to add more LED's to both. Can't ever have enough LED's on a frame. Lots of Light is good!!!!!!!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:12 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
OK back to the PID board. I went to do a night video to show off the LED's and the crazy Wobble is back but only enough to annoy me. So sometime tomorrow after work I will mess with the PID's again. I think iit just needs a slight adjustment. and hopefully then i can do another video.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
OK back to the PID board. I went to do a night video to show off the LED's and the crazy Wobble is back but only enough to annoy me. So sometime tomorrow after work I will mess with the PID's again. I think iit just needs a slight adjustment. and hopefully then i can do another video.

Man.. What happened...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
Don't know. I powered it up. took off and she started to wobble. I checked everything once again, and the frame is not twising. nothing is getting hot. I also could have had the quad not perfectly level when I pluged it in . so I think it is one of 2 things. either I have a bad motor or the PID's are just slightly off. I will check everything again tomorrow. and I know she was flying perfect this morning.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Don't know. I powered it up. took off and she started to wobble. I checked everything once again, and the frame is not twising. nothing is getting hot. I also could have had the quad not perfectly level when I pluged it in . so I think it is one of 2 things. either I have a bad motor or the PID's are just slightly off. I will check everything again tomorrow. and I know she was flying perfect this morning.
I do a quick ACC calib with stick input when not sure..
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Oct 2011
500 Posts

When following this note on the CG, I now face the same problem. I cant seem to balance the CG (on the red line) unless I put a big battery but still sticking up front. If I put a 3S 2500mAh 25c the CG is about (between) 2-3cm depending on how the battery is mounted. Should I move back the controller on the CG? I think it will balance out once we have the camera mount up front but for now any suggestions? I watched the previous video and interestingly the placement of their battery will not balance it at CG.
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
Try moving the rear esc's more forward. also on mine I have the battery up front, and I am using a 2200,2400, and 2800 and I have no balance issues. she is very level when flying. but then again I had to give a few clicks of forward trim, but that is something you need to do on most quads to some extent. the trims are never exact.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
500 Posts
I get what you mean but its not happening...ESC not even mounted yet which means additional weight at the back...I got a string on the screw hole where the CG is and its not balance. Now I am thinking of moving the controller back and rethink the motor mixing. Or am I just getting all worked up on CG and ignore it and just fly? Well another solution is to put a temp camera mount and add dead weight.

Green block on attached is the battery (2500mAh) with the corresponding CG line
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
You are worrying for nothing. I have both of mine set up about the same pretty much every component is mounted the same and no cg issues.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, IN, Evansville
Joined May 2001
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
There is no VTail or Y4 configuration in the NAZA.
Sorry..
What flight controller would you recommend that is the most user friendly? The Naza is my first experience with quads because it was so easy to setup. Others looked really intimidating to figure out.
kenny_dilger is offline Find More Posts by kenny_dilger
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:19 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
Kenny, you can use a kk board with Y4 config very easy to setup. Or any multiwii board as they will support tail config. But you will have to do some our tuning .
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:21 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
I get what you mean but its not happening...ESC not even mounted yet which means additional weight at the back...I got a string on the screw hole where the CG is and its not balance. Now I am thinking of moving the controller back and rethink the motor mixing. Or am I just getting all worked up on CG and ignore it and just fly? Well another solution is to put a temp camera mount and add dead weight.

Green block on attached is the battery (2500mAh) with the corresponding CG line
Don't move the flight controller.
It is dead center in the middle of motors.
RCG Plus Member