HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
NAZA don't have any config for Vtail or Y4.

Did you look at the tutorial website i have link..??
read all the tutorials about 5 times i guess it will be a week or so before i get this thing wired.

will trawl the web some more till i understand better
rcmano is offline Find More Posts by rcmano
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmano View Post
read all the tutorials about 5 times i guess it will be a week or so before i get this thing wired.

will trawl the web some more till i understand better
I don't understand what is your problem then.
There is a drawing in the EZ-Connect tutorial showing you how to connect it.

To power the whole thing you leave one + wire of the ESC to the Quadrino then everything will be powered.
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
[QUOTE=Dialfonzo;23526039]NAZA don't have any config for Vtail or Y4.

i thought that would be the case, nevermind i thought it might be an easy way out.

my wishfull thinking.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
[QUOTE=rcmano;23526117]
Quote:
NAZA don't have any config for Vtail or Y4.

i thought that would be the case, nevermind i thought it might be an easy way out.

my wishfull thinking.
There are people like DoctorAudio on the Quadrino thread that can help you a lot.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...38619&page=358
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
I don't understand what is your problem then.
There is a drawing in the EZ-Connect tutorial showing you how to connect it.

To power the whole thing you leave one + wire of the ESC to the Quadrino then everything will be powered.
i think i was getting confused by trying to figure out how to get the following.

Battery powers ESC
ESC powers Radio
Radio powers Quadrino

I am happy to try wiring it the way you have suggested as it is easier for me to understand

i just wanted to make sure i would not fry the board by connecting something incorrectly
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
serial scratchbuilder
Canada, BC, Mission
Joined Sep 2012
1,340 Posts
The pictures in this link should be all you need: http://www.flyingeinstein.com/index....ials/ezconnect

Motor plug "A" supplies power to the quadrino and the RX is powered by the VCC wire.
Granted is online now Find More Posts by Granted
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
[QUOTE=Dialfonzo;23526124]
Quote:

There are people like DoctorAudio on the Quadrino thread that can help you a lot.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...38619&page=358
Thanks for your help guys i will get to reading this thread tonight.

i do appreciate your efforts in helping me understand better, sorry if i seem slow in absorbing the advice you are giving me, its just i like to understand why i am doing something before i actually do it.

i hope that makes sense
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granted View Post
The pictures in this link should be all you need: http://www.flyingeinstein.com/index....ials/ezconnect

Motor plug "A" supplies power to the quadrino and the RX is powered by the VCC wire.
cheers granted i had it all wired like that last night until i read the table on page 4

http://www.declspec.com/quadrino-datasheet.pdf

but then i thought for saftety sake it should be wired for option 2 in the table.

i now know i should ignore the table.

so i will leave the VBATT and VIN disconnected then following the method yourself and Dialfonzo have suggested.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
[QUOTE=rcmano;23526198]
Quote:

Thanks for your help guys i will get to reading this thread tonight.

i do appreciate your efforts in helping me understand better, sorry if i seem slow in absorbing the advice you are giving me, its just i like to understand why i am doing something before i actually do it.

i hope that makes sense
Ah guys, thanks for the good comments.
RCmano: I can help you with that PM me with time you can be helped!
I will get you into webex and help you!
We pay for this package so that all Quadrino and Multiwii guys can come and get help with setting up and tunning the Quadrino!

I also explain what each option is and how to get the best flights you will get!
I am sick still.
But I am well enough to help you get setup.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,710 Posts
On my thing i use a spare BEC to power RX so less worries if ever Esc's Bec fail...Don't use Esc's bec with gimbal servos, this can disrupt main power at anytime!
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
On my thing i use a spare BEC to power RX so less worries if ever Esc's Bec fail...Don't use Esc's bec with gimbal servos, this can disrupt main power at anytime!
AC
they don't disrupt, they drain all the power.
if your using the right servos which are digitals and big enough to drain a 5 amp Ubec.
When you move the servos and the power puleses.
I have a digital servos that pulls 5 amp on 7.4 volts.
but it is super fast and strong. Two of them would kill any BEC on the market under a 100 bucks!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
they don't disrupt, they drain all the power.
if your using the right servos which are digitals and big enough to drain a 5 amp Ubec.
When you move the servos and the power puleses.
I have a digital servos that pulls 5 amp on 7.4 volts.
but it is super fast and strong. Two of them would kill any BEC on the market under a 100 bucks!
I'm using WRL-HBECHV Western Robotics Hercules High Voltage BEC for my stuff and never think about out of amps.
Thanks for good info, DOC.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
[QUOTE=DoctorAudio;23527262]
Quote:
Ah guys, thanks for the good comments.
RCmano: I can help you with that PM me with time you can be helped!
I will get you into webex and help you!
We pay for this package so that all Quadrino and Multiwii guys can come and get help with setting up and tunning the Quadrino!

I also explain what each option is and how to get the best flights you will get!
I am sick still.
But I am well enough to help you get setup.
hi there Doc

thanks for your kind offer i may very well take you up on that, sorry to hear you are unwell hope ya start feelin better soon.

I wanted to push on and try and learn more so i now have it all wired up barring the motors (i'm just waiting on a pack of bullett connectors now), i just left the VBATT and VIN off for now and played with the config app calibrating sensors and setting aux switches and so on. so feeling alot better about the whole thing now.

once i have the motors wired and have figured out how to change the flight mode to vtail (i know instructions are in an earllier post in this thread) i will most likely pm you and go from there, please dont feel you have to help me whenever i am ready tho, i would be happy to wait till you feel better.

i know i will figure it out eventually, but obviously in a fraction of that time with you help

thanks again
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
New to Multi rotors
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
AC
you have me thinking there i do have some BEC's from my cars and switchable lipo regulators at about 20 amps

something for me to think about later i suppose, dying to see this thing lift off first tho
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:36 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,474 Posts
Quote:
I'm using WRL-HBECHV Western Robotics Hercules High Voltage BEC for my stuff and never think about out of amps.
Thanks for good info, DOC.
AC
that one is too small for bigger serovs.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Regulator

[QUOTE=rcmano;23529205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post

hi there Doc

thanks for your kind offer i may very well take you up on that, sorry to hear you are unwell hope ya start feelin better soon.

I wanted to push on and try and learn more so i now have it all wired up barring the motors (i'm just waiting on a pack of bullett connectors now), i just left the VBATT and VIN off for now and played with the config app calibrating sensors and setting aux switches and so on. so feeling alot better about the whole thing now.

once i have the motors wired and have figured out how to change the flight mode to vtail (i know instructions are in an earllier post in this thread) i will most likely pm you and go from there, please dont feel you have to help me whenever i am ready tho, i would be happy to wait till you feel better.

i know i will figure it out eventually, but obviously in a fraction of that time with you help

thanks again
NP, man when you are ready!