SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:19 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
goodhumormarc's Avatar
USA, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Jul 2010
1,030 Posts
I am truly inspired! Thank you for sharing!

Marc
goodhumormarc is online now Find More Posts by goodhumormarc
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
cmeisteriii's Avatar
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Video

WOW!! Awesome flight a true VTail Pilot in action.. Two Thumbs Up.
Thanks for sharing that its one of my favorites for sure like Bledi's.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:05 PM
Flying Monkey
heli-yeah's Avatar
Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
324 Posts
Video

Man, this makes me want to crank up the stick scaling on my "Sweptback V-tail", and run out to my fly site to give her hell!

However, I wish to return from the field with more than just a heap of bent aluminum, and smashed electronics, so perhaps I'll just watch another Warthox vid!
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
@Dialfonzo
How thick is the g10 you use for your frames?
Stefan1996 is offline Find More Posts by Stefan1996
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:31 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan1996 View Post
@Dialfonzo
How thick is the g10 you use for your frames?
+- 1.6mm
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Can someone point me to the thread(s) with KK2.0 LCD settings are for the 500mm V-Tail?
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Can someone point me to the thread(s) with KK2.0 LCD settings are for the 500mm V-Tail?
If you're looking for the KK2.0 mixer settings, you should try these:

CH1:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: -100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: -40
Offset: 0

CH2:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: 100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: 40
Offset: 0

CH3:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: 100
Offset: 0

CH4:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: -100
Offset: 0

Now some rough PI values (mainly just a starting point)

Roll:

P gain: 55
P limit: 90
I gain: 30
I limit: 20

Pitch:

P gain: 30
P limit: 90
I gain: 30
I limit: 20

Yaw:

P gain: 40
P limit: 20
I gain: 20
I limit: 20
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
If you're looking for the KK2.0 mixer settings, you should try these:

CH1:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: -100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: -40
Offset: 0

CH2:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: 100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: 40
Offset: 0

CH3:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: 100
Offset: 0

CH4:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: -100
Offset: 0

Now some rough PI values (mainly just a starting point)

Roll:

P gain: 55
P limit: 90
I gain: 30
I limit: 20

Pitch:

P gain: 30
P limit: 90
I gain: 30
I limit: 20

Yaw:

P gain: 40
P limit: 20
I gain: 20
I limit: 20
Yea I think this is what I saw before. I currently have a Quadrino board on my V-Tail, but I ordered a KK2.0 LCD because I wanted to try it. Having a few issues with tuning the Quadrino.

Now are these mixer settings after you select V-Tail or Y4?
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin22 View Post
Yea I think this is what I saw before. I currently have a Quadrino board on my V-Tail, but I ordered a KK2.0 LCD because I wanted to try it. Having a few issues with tuning the Quadrino.

Now are these mixer settings after you select V-Tail or Y4?
Those are the mixer settings posted earlier in the KK2.0 thread by someone else. It doesn't matter if you start with Y4 or V-Tail motor layout as long as you input those values into the mixer editor.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
Those are the mixer settings posted earlier in the KK2.0 thread by someone else. It doesn't matter if you start with Y4 or V-Tail motor layout as long as you input those values into the mixer editor.
Cool! Thank you very much!
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:54 AM
Registered User
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Aug 2011
431 Posts
I just mounted up my KK2 and replaced the burned front motors. I'll give those settings a shot also.
Rifraf is offline Find More Posts by Rifraf
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifraf View Post
I just mounted up my KK2 and replaced the burned front motors. I'll give those settings a shot also.
Sweet, please keep me posted as my KK should arrive later this week or next. And I will be in the same boat. Thank you!
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:16 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
kad's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
675 Posts
Opinion Wanted: Which Sunnysky Motors for a V400?

I'm considering the following two SunnySky motors for an upcoming Hunter V-Tail 400 build and I'd like the thread's opinion of which of the two to use:

Sunnysky 2208 - 1260KV
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=195
http://www.rcsunnysky.com/kygood/en/...more.asp?id=24

Sunnysky 2212 - 1250KV
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376
http://www.rcsunnysky.com/kygood/en/...more.asp?id=25

I intend to use 3s batteries. ESCs will depend on the motor and eCalc's recommendations.

Let the debate begin...

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:37 AM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
YOU SIR have turned me. Please send me your setup. I want to have this.

NumberOnePilot@gmail.com
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
I'm considering the following two SunnySky motors for an upcoming Hunter V-Tail 400 build and I'd like the thread's opinion of which of the two to use:

Sunnysky 2208 - 1260KV
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=195
http://www.rcsunnysky.com/kygood/en/...more.asp?id=24

Sunnysky 2212 - 1250KV
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376
http://www.rcsunnysky.com/kygood/en/...more.asp?id=25

I intend to use 3s batteries. ESCs will depend on the motor and eCalc's recommendations.

Let the debate begin...

-K
I started with 1450kv motors, 0845 props, 3-cell. Didn't like the higher rpm. Mounted 1100kv's on with 0947 props. Haven't got to test tho.

What props u plan on running on those motors? I almost think there to fast. At least for me.
Creepin22 is offline Find More Posts by Creepin22
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons Innerbreed Multirotor Talk 42 Sep 20, 2013 10:41 PM