HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Discussion
DX8 radio question with my DJI F550 NAZA, basic and Attitude gain settings.

I want to get more usability out of the NAZA and want to have the basic Pitch and Roll gain on my AUX 3 (which I do) and and have the basic Vertical gain on a slider and the Attitude Roll/Pitch gains on another slider.

I looked through the manual and can't find when these are for:
I have a switch on the left that says L Trim and one on the right that says R trim.
is there a was to set the gains on those and make each click up or down move a percent or so. I just don't know what channels they trim

Also, the NAZA manual states that basic pitch/roll gains control the back to hovering state after the stick is released.
And Attitude pitch/roll also says quicker leveling with higher gain after the stick is released.

Don't those both mean the same thing?
I'm trying to fine tune but a little lost.

Thanks
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Last edited by jasper7821; Mar 27, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,203 Posts
No there is not you only have one Knob on the DX8. You could put it on a switch but you would only have 2 different gain settings not what your after. A JR 9503 or 9303 and the coming out DX18 has sliders on each side plus the knob so you can have 3 controls but not on the DX 8. Really you can find the right basic settings and just put the atti gains on the knob and adjust for windy or calm with atti mode gains.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Thanks,
I was hoping that the L and R trims (whatever they control) would let me use them as a slider, oh well.

So what is the difference between the basic ant attitude gains.
They both say that they control the reaction speed back to level after releasing the stick.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,203 Posts
Atti gains control how quick it levels so in the wind lower makes it react smoother without the quick reaction with no wind you can turn it up and really lock it solid. Hope this helps.

Michael64
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
That makes total sense, but what about the basic gains?

I now have all the basic gains set to AUX knob, so should I (in no wind) get it to hover without moving much by turning to control the basic Pitch and Roll gain.
Then INH all the basic gains except for Vertical and put that on X1, dial that in, then do the same with Yaw, then INH all the basic gains.
Then set Attitude gains on X1 and just adjust to wind conditions on the AUX 3 knob?

Does that sound about the correct way to set up?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,203 Posts
You really do not need to adjust vertical you can get that set and it will most of the time work in all condition when adjusted correctly. What you do is get to an alititude center the throttle stick and fly around without moving the throttle up or down and see how it holds adjusted right and it should stay fairly consist height if not adjust it. A setting of 150-170 works on mine real well, this may change unit to unit it should be close. So basically all I would do is have atti on a knob and go fly. Sometimes you can over think too much and cause more problems than you should have.

Michael64
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Cool thanks,
I have all the basic gains at 160% and when hovering it slowly goes up and down but less than foot total so I think it's pretty good.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hanover, VA
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Oct 2007
73 Posts
DX8 Ltrim and Rtrim for x1 x2 naza

Just in case you have not gotten the answer you were looking for.

Hold down the scroll wheel and turn the radio on (System Setup mode). Once in system setup mode, scroll down to "switch select", scroll down to your aux 2 and Knob settings and set them to Inh. Once you have inhibited the stock aux 2 and knob, you can scroll to L and R trims and assign aux 2 and aux 3.

I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I want to get more usability out of the NAZA and want to have the basic Pitch and Roll gain on my AUX 3 (which I do) and and have the basic Vertical gain on a slider and the Attitude Roll/Pitch gains on another slider.

I looked through the manual and can't find when these are for:
I have a switch on the left that says L Trim and one on the right that says R trim.
is there a was to set the gains on those and make each click up or down move a percent or so. I just don't know what channels they trim

Also, the NAZA manual states that basic pitch/roll gains control the back to hovering state after the stick is released.
And Attitude pitch/roll also says quicker leveling with higher gain after the stick is released.

Don't those both mean the same thing?
I'm trying to fine tune but a little lost.

Thanks
raamedicva is offline Find More Posts by raamedicva
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,316 Posts
The problem is not really the radio but the fact the Naza MC only has one variable input to use either for gimbal or remote gain.

So you can't just start programming the radio for one gain here and one gain there and so on. The Naza needs to know what to control with the only one channel to use for remote gain. Either way this is fine since you really should only be making adjust net to one thing at a time. If you tried to adjust two with the exception of pitch and roll you won't telly know what setting is causing oscillation once to high if you are adjusting multiple at a time.

Here's a thread a starting providing help, programming and spm file for the naza when using a dx8, dx18 and dx18qq

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789552
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip