HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:56 AM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
Discussion
Need help setting up stryker with dx6i.

I'm having a problem setting up the um stryker. After binding it everything worked except one elevon. After reading closer the instructions specify if using a dx6i you must reverse the leads on the transmitter and it shows you a little diagram showing which two need to be reversed. No big deal. After doing it now both elevons work, but only as ailerons with no elevator function at all. I am a newbie at this and wont be flying the styker for a few months but I still want to set it up.On the transmitter I set the function to delta wing and still no change. Anyone have any ideas ? Thank you.
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
I'm having a problem setting up the um stryker. After binding it everything worked except one elevon. After reading closer the instructions specify if using a dx6i you must reverse the leads on the transmitter and it shows you a little diagram showing which two need to be reversed. No big deal. After doing it now both elevons work, but only as ailerons with no elevator function at all. I am a newbie at this and wont be flying the styker for a few months but I still want to set it up.On the transmitter I set the function to delta wing and still no change. Anyone have any ideas ? Thank you.
Hi , I also have a dx6i and fly planes with elevons , so I might be able to help you .
A couple of questions: When you say reversing leads on transmitter , do you mean receiver ? When you say you set the transmitter function to delta wing , do you mean elevon ? On my dx6i under wing/tail mix I have three choices - dual aileron , v-tail or elevon . Do the rudders work properly ( on the left stick ) ? I took a quick look at the manual for the um stryker and it also says to reverse the aileron channel if using a dx6i . Have you done that ?
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
When you say reversing leads on transmitter , do you mean receiver

Yes. My fault.

When you say you set the transmitter function to delta wing , do you mean elevon

Yes.

Do the rudders work properly

Yes. The rudders work as they should. But I either get 1 eleveon that doesnt work or I get the elevons only acting as ailerons.
I took a quick look at the manual for the um stryker and it also says to reverse the aileron channel if using a dx6i

Thats what I thought reversing the leads was doing ?
And thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,551 Posts
To reverse the aileron channel go to set up list , then go to reverse , then go to aileron . It should say " N " , if so , switch that to " R " . Let me know if that works . By the way , you said you're a newbie at this , so I'm wondering if you have any aileron experience . A Stryker can be a handful if you're learning to fly ailerons with it ( fast , small and no self righting ) . I learned ailerons on this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981793 plane about a year ago - very easy to make , but you can get it in a kit also
http://www.fancyfoam.com/index.php?m...ex&cPath=12_17 . It can fly slowly and can take the occasional rough landing . Here's the first one I made
Homemade PBF ( Pizza Box Flyer ) 3D RC plane. (1 min 15 sec)
Last edited by balsa or carbon; Mar 27, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
You have to activate elevon mixing, or the right elevon will get no signal. That's the state you're in now.

In your "wing type" menu - pick "Delta"
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
reverse the aileron channel go to set up list , then go to reverse , then go to aileron . It should say " N " , if so , switch that to " R

That was it. Thank you very much. I'm not going to fly the stryker yet. I know I'm not ready for it. I learned on the champ and for the last few weeks have been flying the um t-28 as my first aileron plane. Its alot of fun and much more challenging than the champ. I also have a skytrainer cessna, a parkflyers jump jet, an F6F hellcat, a cermark fantasy flyer, a beast, an sbach 342 and a s5e biplane. I havent flown any of them yet. I think the cessna is next after I find a place big enough to fly it. My wife thinks I'm insane with all these planes. She could be right. I am hooked. Thanks again for the help.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,551 Posts
I'm glad that worked ! I know what you mean about your wife thinking you're insane - my wife thinks I'm obsessed , 'cause I AM! She never saw me fly until recently , but now she really enjoys coming out to watch my friends and I fly , especially the really fast one ( a 100 MPH Stryker clone called SkyFun ) and the night flying planes with LED lights on them .