HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Call Casey, she'll get the job done for you .
jetmaven is offline Find More Posts by jetmaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Feb 2002
147 Posts
screw RCM plans service

I ordered plans from RCM plan service over a month ago and no plans have shown up. no phone calls or emails answered. I AM patient but to a point. I called my Visa company and they refunded my money. Too bad, I really wanted those plans. If you are frustrated with RCM plan service, just call your credit card co or paypal and they will go to bat for you and get your money back.
William Bosco is offline Find More Posts by William Bosco
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2002
147 Posts
So, after a month of waiting for my RCM Plans Service plans to arrive, I cancelled the Visa payment, amen, end of story........................not!

The next day, guess what was in my mail box? Yep, the plans arrived. There is still a pulse in the RCM plans service.
William Bosco is offline Find More Posts by William Bosco
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2004
500 Posts
Here's the deal, it's like when you were a kid , you could not wait for Christmas to come. Kinda' the same deal , be a bit more patient, you will get your plans . I got my Cloudbound 4 plans , it took about 4 weeks but where else are you going to get this stuff. Just be thankful they're there for us.
jetmaven is offline Find More Posts by jetmaven
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:17 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler View Post
Listing from the magazines says 2-4 weeks 3rd or 4th class mail so.....

Joe

Like I said . . . . . .

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
BTW I don't know if any of you guy's have heard but Bill Northrup has passed away. He was selling the plan's that were published in Model Builder magazine. On a good note though his wife intend's to continue offering those plan's.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,860 Posts
For a variety of reasons plans services are slow and a month is wait is not uncommon. People from my generation would expect to wait a month for parts. These plans are not likely on the shelf. They are likely full sized masters that have to be duplicated (not digital). They probably cannot afford the equipment required. It is substantial and it is becoming more scarce. In the digital age only us old timers are used to these delays. Delays like this are showing up in industry with drawings for older products.
Al M is online now Find More Posts by Al M
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
Braunton, North Devon, England
Joined Aug 2000
3,919 Posts
I'm an old timer too. Back in the 1950s I could mail an order to Aeromodeller on a Monday, and have the plans waiting for me when I arrived home from school on the Wednesday.

Even the postal service in England back then was fast enough to support by-return ordering.

How things have changed!!

Gordon
Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Gordon
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:00 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,860 Posts
I bet they didn't have an inventory tax. I have been told that there is no longer any equipment operational for reading IBM punch cards.
Last edited by Al M; Jul 16, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
It's all these computer's slowing thing's down.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:38 AM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,860 Posts
Very good. Must remember it.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Jun 2010
3 Posts
RCM Plans Service

Hi fellows: I have just received information after 71 days out from placing my order in which the check was cashed almost 30 days after. It seems their computer program crashed, and they had to go out of town to get a programer to bring it back on-line. Yesterday I received an e-mail that my order was being shipped. While in the past, the orders had been shipped about the time the funds were collected. This order was not. There are more plans I want to get, and it is encouraging to find they have the production problem fixed. Keep in mind that the magazine ended in 2005 as I have their last several publications. It could very well be the programming is ancient by todays standards.

Have any questions? e-mail me at: aerorich73@centurylink.net
aerorich73 is offline Find More Posts by aerorich73
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Apr 2010
47 Posts
could any one give me the email to order a set of plans from RCM plan service, thank you

Chuck
chucksplanes is offline Find More Posts by chucksplanes
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, FL, Shalimar
Joined Jan 2009
288 Posts
http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...thmgm9rgcuv7rf
jolly01 is offline Find More Posts by jolly01
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4 Posts
RCM plans

When I was a kid, one would order from the back of magazines and everything said to allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I guess RCM plans is like a blast from the past. I've been waiting since 1/15/13 for two sets that I ordered today is 2/25/13. I will keep waiting patently as I have big plans for these plans. I'm just glad RCM is still around bringing quality drawings to the few of us that still enjoy building. Thank you RCM.
glennz is offline Find More Posts by glennz