HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,544 Posts
Discussion
RCG Weak Signals Photo Coverage - 2012!

Once again RCGroups.com will be in Toledo Ohio for the Weak Signals show provide coverage of this great event.

R/C Model Show
"The Toledo Show"

At the SeaGate Centre
401 Jefferson Avenue Toledo, Ohio 43604
April 13th, 14th, & 15th, 2012
Show hours: Fri/Sat 9am to 5pm - Sun 9am to 2pm
Handicap parking available - Tickets readily available at the door!
Admission is only $10.00 per person per day
Kids 12 and under are FREE!
Active duty U.S. Military are free, ID card required, no ticket necessary!

There is a new Sports Arena in Toledo but the Weak Signals Exposition will stay at SeaGate Centre!

The Weak Signals Show website
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Remember to post lots of pictures- for all those sad souls who can't come to the show- we do feel sorry for you, it is always awesome to see everyone and everything new in the hobby!
Hope to see you there! stop by and say Hi!
Diane & Dan
Lazertoyz
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:13 AM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,604 Posts
I'm finally going to make one! Just so happens its on the same weekend that we're headed down to NC for vacation. Nothing like a "little" RC pit-stop!
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
Got to make it there this year!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Last edited by Tony K; Apr 01, 2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: post is now irrelevant
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:02 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
This is about my 30th show. Best time of the year. See everyone Saturday.
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Old Apr 01, 2012, 01:47 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
Jim, if you don't mind I'll try to get some pix from the show then possibly make a slideshow video. My daughter-in-law took over 200 pix last year but I really didn't do much with them. I'll be there on Friday this year so the shots might be up Friday night or whenever I recover on Saturday.
Ron Olson is online now Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Jan 2011
36 Posts
I've never been to a show before and intend on going for fun. I've been flying airplanes for 1.5 yrs now. What goes on at these shows that make every make them sound so awesome and/or are there any must sees while I'm there?
jjudd is offline Find More Posts by jjudd
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:53 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
The whole place is kind of a must-see. There are symposiums on different things which should be on the Toledo Show site as to what and what time. If you're interested in attending one of those, get a seat early as the place fills up quickly.
You've also got a lot of manufacturers there showing off what's new in their line-up that you can see up close and personally before you buy. The swap shop upstairs is hit-and-miss as you never can tell what's going to be there. Hit it on Friday and the pickings are the best. Sunday you can get better deals as sellers really don't want to drag the stuff back home. Shop around first before buying, especially on radio systems, servo's and battery packs for the best prices. Many manufacturers on the main floor are selling also, look for introductory prices.
Bring a bag along for freebies around the floor but some have bags for shopping. I took a kite bag with me one year as I wanted something to tote carbon fiber rods around with.
Expect to pay arena or movie theater prices for food and drinks there, like $3.00 for a Pepsi or Mountain Dew. You didn't hear it from me but I usually sneak one in in a camera bag or jacket pocket as they can't prove that you didn't buy it there. A Coke brand product is harder to get away with.
The building competition is fantastic every year. The tables for that run down the center of the room so you can't miss it. Bring a camera along with a good flash as the lighting in there is a little weird so one with multiple flash settings really helps.
Hopefully you have a GPS in your ride. It's an easy place to get to but getting back out of town can be a pain.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 11:11 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
701 Posts
Frickers is a short walk from the center for a great lunch and a view of the Mudhens stadium.
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:59 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Jan 2011
36 Posts
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm looking forward to seeing the flying competition to give me an idea of what 'super high skilled' flying is like. It'll also be fun to see all the planes in the swap meet and in the booths. I'm planing on taking my 2.5 and 4 yr old with me to see all the planes.

See ya'll there!
jjudd is offline Find More Posts by jjudd
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:24 AM
OH-IO
USA, OH, Northwood
Joined Jun 2010
42 Posts
im going..lol ohh thats right bc i live like 5 mins away..lol,
t.korb is offline Find More Posts by t.korb
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:38 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Mar 2004
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.korb View Post
im going..lol ohh thats right bc i live like 5 mins away..lol,
That's just not right.....
air mail rcg is offline Find More Posts by air mail rcg
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:04 PM
OH-IO
USA, OH, Northwood
Joined Jun 2010
42 Posts
lol yea 5 mins walking distance lol 1 min driving..lol
t.korb is offline Find More Posts by t.korb
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:55 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
I'll probably spend more time on the road than at the show! It's going to be only a day trip as my buddy has Friday off but has to work Saturday.
Weather-wise, Saturday looks like the best day to roll into Toledo with a high of 70 and partly cloudy skies, Friday cooler and Sunday with rain.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,567 Posts
Yes Please, unfortunately as of this time I cannot make it. I came down with what the Docs think is chicken pox, and yes I did a double take at the time, and turned out to be true. Really disappointed right now, lots and lots of pictures please!!!!!
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR